• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [wip] RSTE-Makin

This is the D-Day map of Makin (AKA Butaritari):
USA-P-Gilberts-IV.jpg

I have tonnes of reference material ATM, time to stop web-jacking and get to work :D

Upvote 0
Please, make it at least a 2 hours map.

It would be great to see an hour long map :) Realistically though at least 40-45mins. Long enough to immerse yourself but not long enough for ADHD teenagers to have issues. The stock map time limits are WAY to short IMO.

I believe Phosphate Plant and winterwald are 40 mins on TE and we see how great those maps turned out.

Climbup is an hour and is epic and tense throughout.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
new meshes = custom content? You said new sky as well. Are you're entering in the contest? Because the rules state no custom stuff

From the rules:

"All maps must be comprised of only original content created by the Entrant(s), or content already contained in Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 and the Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 SDK"

I'm "makin" the meshes bro. Yakovlevo had 24 "custom" meshes, Makin will have considerably less.

Upvote 0
It'd be awesome if the map starts like this, with everyone wading through the water for a bit and a smoke screen at the beach like on Iwo.

Yellow beach landing didn't take place until after the West Tank barrier was taken AFAIK. Will need some LCVPs :D

What's the game's tolerance for massive plumes of black smoke, like in the above picture? None of the base maps really give the feel of a pre-landing bombardment, which is a shame.

"Massive" walk through smoke would be a frame rate killer. Smoke will add atmosphere, but it will have to be on a smaller scale. I will put it on my "to do" list.

Thanks for the good ideas :)

Upvote 0