• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design (WIP)KF-Adversary

Fel

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
In Mission Mode
Hello, this is my next map. Its going to be a PERKABLE MISSION :D

Gameplay

The gameplay is going to be standard KF style. But, it is in linar motion. You will move through each area until you find the trader door. You will then hold off that area, till the wave is complete. Then you will find a "weapon room" where everyone can stock up. I even duplicated wepon spawns so more then one player will get the weapon. Then you will proceed to the next area. There is also tons of ammo laying through each of the combat areas.

After wave 3, the player will exit the hospital and fight through a zombie torn city. Thats all I have though of, any ideas for future wave areas, I am open.

Release Date

I am going to realease a 4 wave beta version. Then I will Release a 7 wave final, and a 10 wave Final. Each of the maps will be longer (more "wave areas").

Im hoping to release the beta in a couple weeks.

More Info

Im looking for people who are willing to help test this map, before i release the beta. If you are interested then PM me here and ill give you my steam ID.

Pictures

Shot00130.jpg

Shot00133.jpg

Shot00139.jpg

Shot00142.jpg

Shot00140.jpg

Shot00131.jpg

Shot00143.jpg

Shot00144.jpg

I will update and replace these with more pictures, when i finish more of the lvl. This project is gonna take awhile cause im all by myself.

Last edited:
Hey

Hey

Yea Fel you need to brighten them up. I can see them Murphy. However I could imagine some can not. This is a fun map so far. I beta tested it with Fel up to level 3. Then died. You know how he likes his game play hard. LOL. It is coming along nicely. Hey Fel where is that Abandoned UTX at? LOL:D

Upvote 0
Are the number of zeds in waves based on the number of players that start a wave... or is it fixed meaning you have to have 6 players right off the bat? Also do late joiners still get a spawn at the next 'trader time'?
yes it runs just like the regular kf. I just used custom triggers to control the spawns (Turn off and on the spawns that are around the player)and the doors.

If i didnt use triggers for the spawns, sometime they would spawn 450m away on wave 1, then they would have to walk that distance, AND up 12 floors of stairs.

I think for normal..its 25 zombies per player? for wave 1

Yes people who join late/die will spawn at the beg of each trader period just like normal. AND i moved the playerstarts around, so that when they spawn they will be close to the players.

EDIT: I replaced so of the screen shots for you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had a go of this yesterday and its pretty cool, It's in the ealry stages but i can see there being potential.

The biggest problem with making a map like this is the time and effort needed to make it. With a normal map you make your areas and players go back and forth, with this you pass through a section and thats it; meaning that you have to make big sections.

I can't wait to see the final product but without help this one could take a long time

Upvote 0