• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Windows KF Dedicated Server Tutorial

Hm.

Hm.

I've been having an odd issue lately. I've ran the updater a few times, and added "-verify_all" to the end of the updater. I also verified my Killing Floor on Steam. So when I try to connect to my server, it forces me and everyone else to SLOWLY download "kf_gore_trip_sm". I google'd it, and figured out it's because my server is outdated. I use hlds update tool. So I'm not sure how to update it, if hlds isn't working.

"hldsupdatetool -command update -game "killingfloor" -dir C:\KS1 -verify_all"

Is the .bat of my update tool.

Upvote 0
have you updated to v1037

I've been having an odd issue lately. I've ran the updater a few times, and added "-verify_all" to the end of the updater. I also verified my Killing Floor on Steam. So when I try to connect to my server, it forces me and everyone else to SLOWLY download "kf_gore_trip_sm". I google'd it, and figured out it's because my server is outdated. I use hlds update tool. So I'm not sure how to update it, if hlds isn't working.

Upvote 0

Killing Floor made HLDS Update tool obsolete, meaning it won't update further from the version you're stuck in.
You now need a steam account as a decoy for SteamCMD, whereas the guide can be found here: http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/Dedicated_Server_(KillingFloor)

Upvote 0
Some general help

Some general help

Tryin' not to be dense here... I went ahead and did everything according to the tripwire wiki here: [url]http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/Dedicated_Server_%28KillingFloor%29[/URL]

However, I'm kind of at a loss now.

1.) And I've seen people ask this a lot - where is the killingfloor.ini? It is not in the system folder. There is a "Default" and a "default.". Inside both of these ini's appears to be what looks like the killingfloor.ini file according to this: http://www.kf-wiki.com/wiki/KillingFloor.ini

So do I just replace one of the default ini's? or do I add a new Killingfloor.ini to the system directory folder?

2.) Once all that is settled, how do I launch the game using after having the ini configuration all set up? What would be an example of a good .bat launcher line?

3.) I get all the port forwarding stuff, but do I have to set a static for my server, or can I just use IP chicken to pull an external address?

whatever the case, I'd really appreciate any help on this. Thank you.
http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/Dedicated_Server_(KillingFloor)

Upvote 0
Issues

Issues

Hi all,

I understand this may have been covered but I haven't found anything specific I can apply to fix it.

So I have followed the tutorial, ports are forwarded, server begins and i can access the Webadmin. Server appears in the LAN for me, but when I connect to the server it attempts to download all the maps irrespective of them being housed both in the server folder and of course my steam directory, I have ensured that the start map is KF-Manor.rom and there are no discrepancies in upper or lower cases on the map files in either directory...
Server version is: 1040
KF version: 1034

Server is hosted on my computer at home, the same one I play KF on although the server connects through a dedicated steam account and not my gaming one.

I have tried the HLDS version and the SteamCMD version, both have given the same error although the HLDS version's maps were in lower-case so i figured this was the issue but it's not the case.

I am hosting NO custom content and thus can't work out what's going on.

Can you shed any light or point me in the direction of a fix?

Cheers,
ks

Upvote 0
You will need to logout from SteamCMD before launching up the server.
Correct me If I am wrong.

Well you don't have to logout of Steam to start the server, you just can't run the start command from within' SteamCMD.

The problem he is having is his client isn't updated. It needs to be version 1040 as well.

Upvote 0
how to play on my own dedicated server

how to play on my own dedicated server

hello, i got this game on steam, and I want to create a online server to play with my friends. I already opened the ports on my modem, but I can't enter on my own server (dedicated). What do I need to do to play in the server that I created?

thanks

Upvote 0
hello, i got this game on steam, and I want to create a online server to play with my friends. I already opened the ports on my modem, but I can't enter on my own server (dedicated). What do I need to do to play in the server that I created?

thanks

Easist would be to check lan tab under multiplayer, your server should be listed there

Upvote 0
Objective mode

Objective mode

I want to have a server startup file that launches the game directly into objective mode

what changes do I need to make? for now I launch into the normal kf game, then change the game type using the admin console, but that isn't convenient

this is more or less what I use now (I have a few mutators and logs etc, but that's not important for this)

server KFO-steamland.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6

my suspicion is that the "game= " piece needs to be changed to something else, but im not sure what

thanks for any help

Upvote 0