• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Will you be able to change "skins" & sounds in RO:HOS as in CS:S?

Citadell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 6, 2010
As the title follows, will you be able to customize your characters, vehicles and weapons as you like? As is also with custom sounds?

I am new here, so go easy on me please.
Thanks!

Citadell

Matt Baker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 18, 2009
that would be nice, as many people have siad before. but i guess we wont find out before TWI gives out some more news.

and welcome to the TWI forums.

Ermac

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 19, 2007
That would be cool. The source engine makes that stuff easy. I'm not sure how feasible it would be with the UE3.

Matt Baker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 18, 2009
The UE3 is very powerful. i dont think that is a problem. as shown it the pictures given out by TWI. they seems to be different faces. so i guess there will be some kind of way to choose avatar. i dont know, we will see i guess.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
UE2.5 can support it as well, but its not allowed on purpose, and i hope it stays that way. The exploits and issues that come with it are horrible.

Das Bose

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2009
Sunny Scarborough
UE2.5 can support it as well, but its not allowed on purpose, and i hope it stays that way. The exploits and issues that come with it are horrible.

I'm with you 100% for exactly the same reasons ;) Let's keep the silly sprays, uniforms and sounds in CS/CS:S where they belong!

Bobdog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
Yeah, I'd rather not have other players exploit things by making enemy player skins neon green, or making footstep sounds really loud, etc.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
variety is needed.we can't expect tripwire to be able to cover all the uniform and equipment.

hopefully user made content, maps, sounds, models,skins etc can be used pending approval from tripwire. simple bounding box guidelines will work.

or maybe they can take the best community made projects and insert them in the game via patches.

The_Emperor

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
If the variety is visibly to all players it might work. But variety, what's that exactly? To be honest I totally agree with Zetsumei and Bobdog, I don't want others to see me as a red dressed walking enemy. If the variety comes in aspects like (I know this has been discussed in other threads) different uniforms and uniform parts. Like some wearing a field cap others the steel helmet. Different kinds of field blouse, one in spring camo, some in standard field grey, the soviets in NKVD camo uniforms, etc. But the selection of uniforms and headgear should be decided by each player on their own. They should decide which cloths to wear.

The sound thing, please no, cause like others yet mentioned foot steps or breathing would be extra loud and so on. No fair gaming!

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
variety is needed.we can't expect tripwire to be able to cover all the uniform and equipment.

hopefully user made content, maps, sounds, models,skins etc can be used pending approval from tripwire. simple bounding box guidelines will work.

or maybe they can take the best community made projects and insert them in the game via patches.
You can use everything, the key is that that in the world of unreal you do it either with mutators serverwise or you do it within custom maps. And i think it should stay like that.

Because the truth is even while statistically you should see most people with exactly the regular outfitting, in an online game everybody will pick the most extraordinary soldier they can find.

Xendance

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Elitist Prick Club RS Branch
Oh god no, please no mutators. It's so damn annoying that you have to download Heer*addyearandautumn/summer/spring/winterhere*camo.utx and **** like that worth of hundred MB's when I'd just want to play a quick match.

:<

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
Oh god no, please no mutators. It's so damn annoying that you have to download Heer*addyearandautumn/summer/spring/winterhere*camo.utx and **** like that worth of hundred MB's when I'd just want to play a quick match.

:<
Those upl files you always download by default are like 1kb each :p. Its just that a lot of serveradmins put files in the serverpackages that should not be there.

Last edited:

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
it would be nice , that if you get an achievment (for example iron cross rank1) it appears on your uniform

That kind of stuff is nice but im totally dissagre with custom user skins. I can imagine now yellow or red skins which can be used by "pro" players.

I like that option from Killing Floor with selectable skins.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
To be able to modify it and release it as a separate mod to play it, I have no doubt that it'll be possible... to modify it yourself to use it in the standard game, I'm convinced that it won't

GfrSeifter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2007
Austria
no no no, pls not!
oh god, if u guys wanna customize your soldier, weapons etc, find another game!

sims2 or something, a dollhouse-game, put on some make-up, "wauu, look, my sniper has a new skirt" there u can put on different clothes, try new styles and this whole crap. (girls just wanna have fun ;D)
the tank crew must have pink nails! and stuff like this.
what the hell do u guys want?

i would be very damn pissed off if ROHOS shows up like MWII or CS.
this game should be authentic and unitary. (i ill have to admit, that on DH, the skins look pretty authentic, BUT this takes place in 44 and 45`where the skins are 1. not (!) adaptable, 2. authentic, due to the mix of troops, which is a fact)

RO should stay RO. pls do not copy weak games in this way

jModels II

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 10, 2010
no no no no no no no no no no no no
Server side it would be lame and the atmosphere of the games destroyed not to mention the annoying downloads.
Client side would result in cheating with sounds turned off or removed, 'material/texture hacks' and coloured/highlighted player models.

**** is lame so no understood?

The Masta

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
Elitist Prick Flight School
no no no no no no no no no no no no
Server side it would be lame and the atmosphere of the games destroyed not to mention the annoying downloads.
Client side would result in cheating with sounds turned off or removed, 'material/texture hacks' and coloured/highlighted player models.
Afaik the server doesn't change your sound settings.

Capt.Cool

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 5, 2010
Sky high
If the variety comes in aspects like different uniforms and uniform parts.
Like some wearing a field cap others the steel helmet. the selection of uniforms and headgear should be decided by each player on their own. They should decide which cloths to wear.
I think the same.

But NO to ingame sprays!