• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will Bots use RO2/RS's Cover system?

I would like a more dynamic cover system like many modern games use nowadays. Look at Far Cry 3/4 and Battlefield 4. Those games don't use a sticky cover system with hand-placed cover nodes. They just "know" that there's cover in front of you if you crouch or stand next to something solid, so when you aim down sights your character will move above or around the cover appropriately. It just feels a lot more natural.

I'm not sure how this would affect the AI's use of cover though. I assume that would be very difficult to get right.

Upvote 0
I would like a more dynamic cover system like many modern games use nowadays. Look at Far Cry 3/4 and Battlefield 4. Those games don't use a sticky cover system with hand-placed cover nodes. They just "know" that there's cover in front of you if you crouch or stand next to something solid, so when you aim down sights your character will move above or around the cover appropriately. It just feels a lot more natural.
Couldn't agree more.

Upvote 0