• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will anyone taking assault class use the MP40 now?

Coolicus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 2, 2008
Hey Guys,

From my understanding once an emergency patch is released to fix the availability of the Mk42b and the AVT40 only the assault class will have access to it. However it really begs the question why would anyone bother to use the MP40 when they can use the Mk42B? For the sake of losing 2 bullets you have a gun effective at virtually all ranges you will find in game.

I had been under the impression the number of these super weapons would be greatly limited per side to a Hero class and not to every tom dick and harry assault class member. It just seems a little hard to swallow for someone like me (no means am I a totally dedicated "authenticity" pedant) -but when the number of assault rifles can outnumber the amount of MP40's it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

You may very well say "don't like it don't use the gun then" but that ignores the fact that with the opportunity there to use the "better" gun who isn't going to take it just to stay competitive?

This is honestly one of the most annoying things along with the apparent inability to choose your upgrades (apparently eventually everyone is going to be "forced" in ranked servers to use their dual mag MP40, scoped Mk42b and their scoped G43) and of course lockdown an idea that completely ruins the flow and back and forth of a round.

Anyway I was just wondering will you fellas still be using the MP40 as at least with the PPsh41 it seems you have notable advantages over the Russian automatic rifle.

Haha :p

Maybe my fears are unfounded after all!

But after playing today I've seen far more people using the Mk42b than the MP40 and I would imagine amongst the majority of players they will probably go with the assault rifle.

Its the new thing so everyone's using it. The MP40 has almost zero recoil, and is still useful. I think with the new limitation you`ll see less a lot less of them.

Upvote 0
The "scoped" G43 is a joke. I mean the scope. What scope is that, god dammit?? IMO its not meant to be for the marksman class.

Not to mention that the presence of that scope in my experience ruins the usability of the iron sights to a degree because of its obstruction of the FOV.

This wouldn't be so much of a problem if we could remove it from our guns but the unlock system doesn't seem to allow for this - once you have unlocked something it is stuck on your gun permanently.

Upvote 0
I only use the MKb rarely, I'd hate myself if I would make it into my main weapon.
I mean, theoretically it's the single best weapon in the game, but I just can't bring myself to use it that much, ultimately losing all pride for my skill because I know, deep inside, that depending on this weapon makes me a noob to myself.

MP40 + PPSh all the way.

The MKb feels a tad too good and the AVT is an absolute joke.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only reason so many MKB 42's are on the field right now is because it's a "new toy" once people realize it isn't that awesome they will go back to the MP40, I played with the mkb for about an hour and it has some gnarly recoil, long distance shooting even in bursts is extremely hard, your better off using it like a semi auto rifle by switching to semi auto by pressing 6. Even then it isn't AS accurate as a rifle.

I favor the mp40 because even when firing full auto it hardly has any recoil and the recoil it does have is easily controllable. I think that is probably why most people will like the mp40.

Upvote 0