• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] Why Red Orchestra 2 Isn't Popular

Useless grenade throwing hoping to score some kills and running blindly into enemy territory like a complete airhead. Yes, this is actually exactly how I imagine the people who don't play the game and just stays on the forums all day complaining that it is just a crap game where you get shot by Cod-players with perfect aim that kill you before you can see them. Omg so unfair like I totally couldn't fight back, this game is broken.

Excellent video!

Upvote 0
Useless grenade throwing hoping to score some kills and running blindly into enemy territory like a complete airhead. Yes, this is actually exactly how I imagine the people who don't play the game and just stays on the forums all day complaining that it is just a crap game where you get shot by Cod-players with perfect aim that kill you before you can see them. Omg so unfair like I totally couldn't fight back, this game is broken.

Excellent video!

Actually he got a kill with that grenade. :cool:

Upvote 0
Actually he got a kill with that grenade. :cool:
Yes that happens occasionally if you spam grenades. The reason I'm mentioning it is because I value grenades as tactical tools, ie only throw a grenade at a confirmed enemy that needs to be killed, not haphazardly throw them into a room that might have enemies in it. It makes sense to a gamer but it makes no real world sense. A gamer might expect to live 30 seconds or so, but a soldier wants to survive the war, those couple of grenades in his belt suddenly become much more valuable and not to be used for hunting kills.

To randomly throw grenades into an area your team is trying to assault is an airhead move. Might as well have killed a team mate instead of the enemy.

Upvote 0
The video demonstrates an airhead tossing a couple of grenades into a room which may or may not contain enemies and friendlies. To top off the airheadedness, he climbs through the window before the grenade has exploded (ie taken effect), so the grenades were really pointless in the context of breaching a room.

Conclusion: random grenade throwing that didn't help anyone.

Upvote 0
Ah yes lets NOT use nades to clear a room you are about to enter =).

It's a valid point :) If a room is already empty, what exactly are you clearing by throwing in a nade? Insects maybe? The dishes used for last night's dinner? Some of the wallpaper from the walls? :)

The point is - if you know or suspect (based on confirmed movements or communication between allies) that a room contains something to clear, you use a nade. If you have no idea what is in a room and therefore no reason to suspect it needs to be cleared, you do not throw a valuable nade that is just as likely to kill allies as it is enemies, or simply kill nothing at all.

It's a bit like rolling through town in an Abrams, and firing shells into every single building - you wouldn't do it for a whole number of reasons. But if you see contact there, you shell it. RO2 is about realism - therefore, real-world tactics often make a lot of sense.

Back on-topic - thanks for the link, I chuckled :) heh

Upvote 0
It's a valid point :) If a room is already empty, what exactly are you clearing by throwing in a nade? Insects maybe? The dishes used for last night's dinner? Some of the wallpaper from the walls? :)

The point is - if you know or suspect (based on confirmed movements or communication between allies) that a room contains something to clear, you use a nade. If you have no idea what is in a room and therefore no reason to suspect it needs to be cleared, you do not throw a valuable nade that is just as likely to kill allies as it is enemies, or simply kill nothing at all.

It was employed by the germans as a real life tactic though. After all, a "wasted" grenade is much cheaper and easily replaced than a soldier who got shot in the face for poking his nose in a seemingly empty room to see if there's anyone there.

Reactions: kablooie!
Upvote 0

Excellent video!

It's funny because IMO It's true. I do die a lot in the game (e.i over three times in each round) and everyone simply press tactical view and run for their objective before the lockdown timer runs out. Because you're not punished if you die. Weapon handling? I guess you all know my opinion on that: It's not good, It's as simplified as the stripped down command radial. The fact that the learning curve to handle the weapons is as low as it is pretty much speaks for itself. But you're also right; most people (mainstream audience) probably complain because they die a lot, but from a fan perspective, and various threads in this forum, this isn't the real issue for most of the people that have played RO1.

Problem is, RO2 is away to hard and frustating for casual gamers, while it obviously (according to the forum) from the fanbase perspective, is the other way around; It's to simplified, not tactical enough, weapons to easy to handle etcetcetc. It's the same thing with the arma series. It's not accesible enough for casual gamers and the learning curve is high. Due to this, most people will simply stay away from it while the fanbase begs for even more realism.

I think this may be harmfull for ro2... because that means when the casual gamers go for BF3 the players will decrease a lot, but worst of all, if the issues the fanbase have found isn't fixed,they may leave aswell, leaving ro2 aiming at a audience that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sufyan said:
Conclusion: random grenade throwing that didn't help anyone.
It often does help. When you throw in a grenade you often hear voices. If you hear voices of the enemy then you can be sure that the area isn't secure and if not then you can go in safely. If you drop it good enough you can score a kill or force the enemy to move so you can take a good spot to cover before the enemy returns and wait for your teammates to back you up.

Of course, it's far better to use said grenade to kill confirmed target behind cover, but if you have to choose between risking your life and risking a grenade it isn't though choice. You can always pick up a grenade from the dead guys.

Upvote 0