• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why american vs japanese?

Why american vs japanese?

Why not?

Chinese vs Japanese would be far more interesting

No one is stopping you from making your own Chinese vs Japanese mod.

plus westerners never got a chance to experience brutal the Second Sino-Japanese war was

Yeah...our war was all sunshine and butterflies after all...

220px-LeonardGSiffleet.jpg

'Ignatowski had been tortured in the cave by the Japanese for three days, during which time they also cut out his eyes, cut off his ears, smashed in his teeth, and cut off his genitalia.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Ignatowski#cite_note-0

Upvote 0
I would LOVE to see someone make a Sino-Japanese War mod. You'd have to make two separate skins for the Chinese though. The NRA had a lot of German trained and equipped units which did a lot of the fighting so you wouldn't have to look too far for inspiration. The Communist forces I'm not so sure about though.

Upvote 0
Yeah...our war was all sunshine and butterflies after all...

Sure, we had our villages pillaged by the japs and had our women and children raped, men practiced on as bayonet targets.

Sure, we had one or more of our states occupied by the Japanese during which we were forced to speak Japanese and lose our cultural identity.

It's dandy that even now the japs try to claim islands from Taiwan, Russia, and S. Korea. After all, they did occupy a few uninhabited archipelago of Alaska during WW2.

Upvote 0
I'm hoping that Rising Storm will be RO2's saving grace, in that it's like

"Alright fine, here is what you want"

Instead of RO2's tip-toeing act (trying to compete with MW3 and BF3), trying to draw in more players.

I was under the impression RS team will not change game-play elements of RO2 other then the stuff they add to it, like weaponry, maps and sound.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression RS team will not change game-play elements of RO2 other then the stuff they add to it, like weaponry, maps and sound.

We haven't said anything on this matter apart from stating in the forums whenever the question arises that we are not committing to "RO2 style" or "RO1 style". We will be doing what best fits the Pacific theatre and our mexpansion.

Upvote 0
Chinese vs Japanese would be far more interesting, more balanced, plus westerners never got a chance to experience brutal the Second Sino-Japanese war was and how the war is still affecting their relationship(negatively) today.

Think we can all say the Japanese were as bad to the Chinese as the Germans was to the Russians(maybe even worse).

anyways, another question, will this be run and gun like Heroes of Stalingrad or more slow-paced like Darkest hour/ Resistance and Liberation?

Could chuck some Aussie's in there, the Japanese advance was first halted
by Aussie's on the Kokoda Trail in PNG... wanks... er yanks couldn't do it.

The first time the German advance was halted was by Aussie's in
Tobruk.

I mean the British use to fly Aussie flags cause the Germans would
reevaluate before just walking in like they normally did (British where
pushovers)

So why not use the greatest fighting force of WW2, not talking quantity
Americans... I'm talking quality and Aussie's where the best fighters, fact
:)

Upvote 0
Could chuck some Aussie's in there, the Japanese advance was first halted
by Aussie's on the Kokoda Trail in PNG... wanks... er yanks couldn't do it.

The first time the German advance was halted was by Aussie's in
Tobruk.

I mean the British use to fly Aussie flags cause the Germans would
reevaluate before just walking in like they normally did (British where
pushovers)

So why not use the greatest fighting force of WW2, not talking quantity
Americans... I'm talking quality and Aussie's where the best fighters, fact
:)

This isn't going to end well.

Upvote 0
I found that sig YEARS ago too!

Anyway, Japan vs USA can work, I'm interested in seeing how it ends up. You'll have to get creative with some things like changing their equipment and such (camo or AP grenades). Maybe unlockable equipment.

From playing men of war assault squad the japanese rifleman had one AP grenade and a hand bomb. Looked like a kettle, had a long fuse time and had to be thrown far. Had some features to make it an inbetween a shape charge (Anti Tank) and dynamite. It was like a heavy grenade, you could also use it for an improvised kamikaze by cooking it and running to your target.
Their paratroopers were a minor elite, but they had crap for a weapon compared to the other faction's minor elites. So they all got anti personnel mines.

Tank balance will also be interesting since the US generally had better tanks. The Stuart was a good choice, not sure how the sherman will work if someone can ride it's .50cal! Or if its a croc... o_O

Upvote 0
What bugs me a bit is that RS seems to be U.S VS Japanese only, like the U.S were the only country fighting with the japenese in the pacific that time.

It's a question of resources. Being Australian, I'd love to get some diggers represented in RS, but unfortunately it's a mammoth effort to bring a new nation into the game. We are by no means trying to overplay the Americans, or underplay the role of other nations. It is unquestionable though that the battles involving Americans are the most well known, and would have the most appeal to a larger amount of players.

Upvote 0