• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where is the snow????

OK let's think logically.

First: Do you honestly believe Tripwire would "forget" that most of Stalingrad (The FOCUS of their AAA title) took place during the winter? OK so that's a rhetorical question.

Second: Let's consider the maps we HAVE seen screenshots from. They're all from before the snows hit. So it's then logical to assume that perhaps they're mapping in chronological order. This could hypothetically mean that they're currently working on the snow maps.

Third: RO:OST had maps like Stalingrad Kessel and that newer map that was released in a patch (can't remember the name). So it's not like they don't know Stalingrad had snow. Just have patience young grasshopper.

Upvote 0
OK let's think logically.

well, also note that there were indeed vehicles and tanks used during the Stalingrad Campaign, and seeing as ROOST had tanks and ROHOS core gameplay will be similiar to ROOST gameplay, one would expect TW to be including vehicles in the game.......maybe they did just forget about the snow like they've apparently forgotten about the vehicles :confused::D :IS2:

at this point, i'm not longer "expecting" anything and just waiting to see what happens :)

edit: btw, i'm not implying that you (hockeywarrior) aren't thinking logically, just expanding on the use of logic in my conclusions

Last edited:
Upvote 0
most of the fighting was in winter
July - Feb is surely 50/50 in terms of "snow vs not snow"?
The harsh winter was late in 1942, and I've plenty of literature featuring photos as late as November showing no snowfall what-so-ever.

That said Hockeywarrior is probably right, and the battle is being portrayed chronologically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
July - Feb is surely 50/50 in terms of "snow vs not snow"?
The harsh winter was late in 1942, and I've plenty of literature featuring photos as late as November showing no snowfall what-so-ever.

That said Hockeywarrior is probably right, and the battle is being portrayed chronologically.

Damn you beat me to it. :D

Reactions: SheepDip
Upvote 0
Wouldn't it be awesome if snow had some other signifigance to gameplay than just different textures and snowfall? Like walking in snow just below your waist would make you move slower but would also allow you to escape enemy's field of vision. Or deep snow could prevent tanks from advancing in certain places or ice covering a river could break resulting in tank to sunking into dark waters?

Also wounds are more fatal in cold and for example bleeding kills quickly. And one more interrogative word. Wouldn't it be nice to have skis? I'm form Finland so it's my natural right to ask for skis when ever snow is present in a game...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Damn this is actually a good question. I never even thought of snow. This would be a good idea, defiantly. Just a question, did soldiers on any side ever wear summer clothes during the winter months? Especially the Germans were under supplied so I'd imagine in a snow map you could make some have hate normal outfit and others in the white one and what not. Maybe for the Russians too if they went through the same ordeal.

Upvote 0
Damn this is actually a good question. I never even thought of snow. This would be a good idea, defiantly. Just a question, did soldiers on any side ever wear summer clothes during the winter months? Especially the Germans were under supplied so I'd imagine in a snow map you could make some have hate normal outfit and others in the white one and what not. Maybe for the Russians too if they went through the same ordeal.

Seems a lot of the Germans and their allies that were trapped all had a mixture of clothing towards the end from civilian clothes to Russian Valenki that were all stolen.

Before the offensive to crush the Sixth Army began I believe a lot of the Russian troops were equipped with winter gear, but a great many of them did not get the correct items in time.

Upvote 0