• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where can i get a good PCI graphics card ( under 512 and above 128 )

wtf? PCI graphics died like 10+ years ago. I mean how old is your comp that you don't even have agp8X. There is no upgrade for pci, all you'll find is old cards that won't run anything anyway(definently not dx9). You have two options. live without dx9 and modern games or make the move to PCI-E.

if you meant pci-e on the otherhand there is plenty of choice out there. 7900GT is a very attractive option for price and performance.

edit:just looked at the link. anyone who says a 5500 is good really is a fool. Yes it supports dx9, but it sure as hell can't run any dx9 things well.

Upvote 0
wtf? PCI graphics died like 10+ years ago. I mean how old is your comp that you don't even have agp8X. There is no upgrade for pci, all you'll find is old cards that won't run anything anyway(definently not dx9).

Many of the Dells with intergrated graphics built about 2 to 3 years ago have no AGP slot.

Old cards will run games but you'll have set everything to low. Any PCI card is better than the intergrated graphics.

Upvote 0
Many of the Dells with intergrated graphics built about 2 to 3 years ago have no AGP slot.

Old cards will run games but you'll have set everything to low. Any PCI card is better than the intergrated graphics.

let me rephrase then. For people who know anything about computers pci graphics have been dead for 10 years. There is no such thing as a good pci graphics card.

If he's running pci still i'd wager his cpu is a POS aswell. Basically he need to buys a new system, nothing else is going to help him play dx9 games(he's was talking about motion blur, a dx9 + feature)

Even to get COD:UO running on a 5200 I had set the res to below 1024X768 and all the effects to low, even then there was chop. I couldn't even get RO to run on it, it was a frigging slide show.

Upvote 0
let me rephrase then. For people who know anything about computers pci graphics have been dead for 10 years. There is no such thing as a good pci graphics card.

If he's running pci still i'd wager his cpu is a POS aswell. Basically he need to buys a new system, nothing else is going to help him play dx9 games(he's was talking about motion blur, a dx9 + feature)

Even to get COD:UO running on a 5200 I had set the res to below 1024X768 and all the effects to low, even then there was chop. I couldn't even get RO to run on it, it was a frigging slide show.

I run RO relatively fine on my Radeon 9250. But yeah, it's the pre-built Dell fault here, or else I'd have an AGP or PCI-E.

COD:UO and COD2 run mostly flawlessly :p Half life 2 runs fine...

I'm only recently having problems running games...Dark Messiah demo ran slow, and my graphics card doesn't have the shaders to run BF2 or CoH :p

Upvote 0