• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When are the Stats going to be fixed? (serious/non-complaint)

And I'm pretty sure my computer can't run BF3, wich means I stay with RO2

Battlefield 3 Beta: Recommended Requirements (MEDIUM DETAIL!)
- CPU: Quadcore
- RAM: 4 GiB
- HDD: 20 GByte
- Videocard: DirectX 11 with 1.024 MiB RAM (Geforce GTX 560 or Ati RADEON 6950)

Lmao if BF3 is going to run on consoles it needs to be able to run on 4 year old hardware. Like a GPU with only 512mb of memory a 2.3 GHz processor and like 2GB of RAM if it runs on consoles it can run on a mediocre 4 year old computer.

Upvote 0
Lmao if BF3 is going to run on consoles it needs to be able to run on 4 year old hardware. Like a GPU with only 512mb of memory a 2.3 GHz processor and like 2GB of RAM if it runs on consoles it can run on a mediocre 4 year old computer.

Somehow i doubt the consoles will be running maxed out settings and resolution with AA.

Also consoles only have half the maximum players compared to the PC version

Upvote 0
SO WHAT?
Minecraft team is 1 Person.. it sold 3 mln copies. at 14 dollars per each
it is a simple, pure game, without bells and whistles AND IT WORKS (just like RO1)

google was like 30 people when they ALREADY kicked *** of microsoft and yahoo in search
facebook was 40 people when they killed myspace in growth %

so your team comparisons ARE USELESS when people are DOING THEIR JOB

Minecraft has a much larger team than just 1. Mojang is created of at least 10 people working on Minecraft. I think Notch gets to much credit.

Upvote 0
Pretty much sums the the call of duty player(just looking at join dates, most of the 2011 crowd whine about it) mentality, MOAR STATS EPEEN WHORING, who cares about gameplay or bugs as long as i can have a bigger level.
Blame TWI for casualising the game with unlocks and all the other silly ****.

This is coming from someone who hasn't even played RO1.

Upvote 0
Those words are never to be spoken here. EVER.

Seriously though... BF3 is going to be such a repetative boring game that it will NEED stats or people will lose intrest. In 1 month when RO2 is completely bug free and maps are being made and content patches are coming out, stats could be taken out and no one would care.
eai9sp.jpg

Reactions: Krobar
Upvote 0
Seems most people say stats don't matter, but they do to me. It gives me something to work towards and a sense of accomplishment. I've played a few matches, but they just seem pointless and less fun. "Just play the game because its fun" doesn't work for me. I've played a few matches, but they just seem pointless and less fun. :)

Agree, played for while with working stats (few games) after starting game and browsing server list > CTD. Restarted the game and magically got lvl 54, ~3500 kills with 500 deaths and mauser accuracy around 250%... (with my skills it would be around 0.85 KDR) all kinds off stuff unlocked for weapons and this sort of killed my enthusiasm to play around with different guns, decided to play most of the time as allied machinegunner (no unlocks for DP :D) / axis rifleman.

*Game runs like greased lightning on my PC

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SO WHAT?
Minecraft team is 1 Person.. it sold 3 mln copies. at 14 dollars per each
it is a simple, pure game, without bells and whistles AND IT WORKS (just like RO1)

google was like 30 people when they ALREADY kicked *** of microsoft and yahoo in search
facebook was 40 people when they killed myspace in growth %

so your team comparisons ARE USELESS when people are DOING THEIR JOB

First of all Minecraft is not 1 person only, they are a small team of 4 or so now.

Other than that none of your examples can be compared even close to red orchestra. Not even BF3 is a good comparison.

You guys don't know how much effort and problem solving when it comes to stuff such as this, so don't pretend to be experts.

Upvote 0
First of all Minecraft is not 1 person only, they are a small team of 4 or so now.

Other than that none of your examples can be compared even close to red orchestra. Not even BF3 is a good comparison.

You guys don't know how much effort and problem solving when it comes to stuff such as this, so don't pretend to be experts.

no one here is claiming to be an expert. What we do want is a game working properly that we payed money for. Working now, not 6 months from now, because i already paid for it.

Currently, the 4 guys i play online fps games with are not purchasing RO2, because of everything i have told them. They were all interested, but i bit the bullet for a beta purchase, and told them to wait. At this point, i dont see them buying the game at all because we will all be playing BF3 instead.

Thats atleast 4 sales TW has already lost. Who else has a similar story? RO2 could be a great game, but it has to many issues currently. Stat tracking being a major one.

Upvote 0
Currently, the 4 guys i play online fps games with are not purchasing RO2, because of everything i have told them. They were all interested, but i bit the bullet for a beta purchase, and told them to wait. At this point, i dont see them buying the game at all because we will all be playing BF3 instead.
So since you're literally just killing time anyways, we should care what you think about RO2's future....because....?

The "i'm leaving and you'll miss me when I'm gone" routine is pretty highschool, and getting old.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So since you're literally just killing time anyways, we should care what you think about RO2's future....because....?

The "i'm leaving and you'll miss me when I'm gone" routine is pretty highschool, and getting old.

I'm not killing time. I bought RO2 because i loved RO1 and played it for probably close to 2 years.

But i will be leaving the game because of all the issues and probably never look back at it.

If you dont think its important to make a good impression with your customers, you are quite stupid. No im not calling you names, I am making a general statement about people.

TWI cannot survive as a company solely on its hardcore fans. Which i am one, i have always talked good about TWI, and suggested RO1 and killing floor as fantastic games to purchase. RO2 has way to many issues currently for me to suggest it to anyone. Even though i would like to. The core game is there, its just way to rough on every edge at the moment.

Thats enough to scare customers away, and stop people who would normally be happy with the product, to not be happy, and to not suggest it to other people to purchase, which in the long run costs the company money for this game, and future games, as the next TWI release, i wont own at purchase, ill wait for them to bring the game out of beta. Or ill forget about it and not make the purchase at all.

I have no doubt that TWI will fix the issues with the game, and provide long lasting and great support. But that doesnt make a difference to me now, when i want to play the game, and its buggy, crashing, poor performance, not recording my stats, unbalanced maps. Instead of have moments of fun, then long spells of frustration because the game crashes 3 times in a row, or i get poor performance, or my bullets miss a guy just standing still in front of me. Then i say, what else do i have to play. Then play those, and perhaps eventually uninstall RO2. Maybe coming back after 6 months.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A profession in limbo dancing awaits some of you people. The reason the stats need re-setting is because there is ranking progression tied to the system that improves your guns and class performance. As a consequence there are people who have advantages over other people when they shouldn't have. The K/D stat personally doesn't bother me in the slightest but the class and rank progression is the real reason the stats need re-setting.

Upvote 0
IMO, this and FPS preformance are the main and most important things that need to be fixed with the game. Many people, such as myself, like the progress/reward system in this game, and crazy uber powered stats ruin a bit of the fun of playing.

Even though it might be a bigger problem than many of us think, it should be a priority in fixing, again IMO.

Edit: Also, off topic, what's with the Battlefield hate arround here? No one is forced to play it. I actually enjoy Battlefield 2 (not refering to Bad Company 2, but only 2) and find it a really, really enjoyable game that I played for a long time. Battlefield is not an awful game, it's a game that you like if you like, and don't play if you don't. Jesus, people spend so much time hating games that don't even focus on the game that they are actually playing, in this case RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0