• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What would you show if you could pick the stuff for the next HOS trailer.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ok this post is imagine you had the ability to pick what to show in the trailer/video footage for HOS what things would you like to show.

Here are things that i'd like to see.

• Obviously the release date of the game and/or beta

• A showcase of how the game actually plays for a player.
the key of RO for me is the tension and immersion it creates. Whether you play aggressive or defensive. RO gives you a tension and makes you actually love those kills that you make.

One bullet drops a player, this doesn't mean that any noob can get some luck and kill a high skilled player. It means that high skilled players when playing with tact can whipe out a group of 10 soldiers with a single mag.
  • A showcase of how this game is different from other games, and especially is not just another ww2 shooter.
For instance showing how there is less random chance in the equation, but that things can actually be learned and improved upon without the need for artificial stat boosts. While giving an even greater sense of achievement than gaining a level.

For instance without weapons getting bad accuracy at range. Aiming is more difficult by bullet drop, sway, breathing but things that can all be mastered by practise.

When hipshooting weapons do not suddenly become inaccurate. It simply becomes harder to hit someone, but by practise the hurdle can be overcome.

When firing fully automatic your weapon does not become that much more inaccurate but it simply becomes harder to control and hit your target instead.
  • A quick showcase showing that this game can be adjusted to people their preference again by competitive play support, mod tools, dedi server stuff, loads of configurational settings etc.
So many games have gotten cut in their abilities to adapt to a persons own flavour. That people have forgotten what features we took for granted 5 years ago.

• Finally a showcase of how Tripwire is involved with the community.
Say that TWI reads every idea and suggestion in the ideas and suggestion forum. And tell people what sort of free updates people can suspect.

If it openly states that TWI is willing to do interviews and podcasts etc. Then a lot of people might just end up doing that, that would have never thought of the idea otherwise.

This is my list of things I'd like (probably doesn't fit in a trailer but oh well :p), so what would you guys like to see.

Last edited:
Mixed first person/free camera footage

A longer range firefight with human players, maybe between two houses or apartments.

Perhaps a tank firing at a building to hit human targets. A PTRS hitting a tank, and an interior view of a tank when an shell penetrates the armor.

If it's a gameplay video I'd like to see something non-screen capped, and see some uncut multiplayer footage between devlopers.

Upvote 0
Obviously the release date of the game and/or beta

No beta info in the trailer please, since it will not be fully open.
We have enough people asking to "get in on it" here as it is.

I like there to be some in tank footage. (maybe footage of infantry getting killed by it then going back and seeing the tank do it)

Some snipers counters sniping and taking down machine gunners, Also just some plain old infantry combat long range and some cc.

Other things like sniper with iron sights and mg barrel replacement would help to show the level of detail.
Id like to see a range of maps and combat types.

this is what I would like in a gameplay trailer. I think this would be good for people that have not seen the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmmm, maybe we can have a unscripted MP match, but with an overall "story" behind it. So lets say there are some germans defending a building and the russians are attacking with infantry only. We get to see the defenders preparing (finding cover that overlooks the passages, mgers changing barrels while behind cover etc.) and then the attack begins. The combat should be as less staged as possible, with the camera following the most interesting firefights or maybe just a couple of russians running to cover while under fire. At some point we can also see the russian commander giving orders and "playing" with his radio. And when the first wave fails we get to see a second wave, only now with the support of a tank.

Now, after writing all this I am not very sure how they can make it look unscripted, but anyway I think they can find a scenario that showcases most of the gameplay features, from changing barrels in mgs (which made me sit there staring for a couple of minutes in RO when I found out about it) to simply resting your gun on a wall and firing at a target a couple of hundred meters away, which might be a common sight for us, but will hopefully hook up some CoD players that are bored of sprinting non stop in cover littered corridors and killing targets around the corner at knife range.

Upvote 0
The more I am thinking of it, the more I come to realise that the best solution might be to create a simple video with mp gameplay only (with some subtle touches that will showcase some features) and a separate video which will be more cinematic and with better camera work (in the form of the Never Surrender trailer but a bit longer and with a conclusion, not leaving us wondering what happened to the sniper :p)

Upvote 0