• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What would you do if the Horzine outbreak occurred in real life?

Quadruplesword

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
United States
Would you save yourself the torment and just end your life willingly? Would you evacuate the country like most sane people would? Or would you grab some ordnance and let those freaks know what you think of them? Just as a side note, this isn't a serious topic, so have some fun with it. And you don't have to stay within the parameters of KF, so if you want an M60 to kill zombies with, go right ahead.

If you decided to stay and kill as many of the defective experiments as you could, what kind of weapons would you use, where would you setup your home base, and most important of all, would you like to have friends to back you up or would you take on the horde all by yourself?

Me, personally, I have a few real-life friends who would probably relish an opportunity to kill a boat load of zombies, so I'd have plenty of allies to back me up (though none of them have particularly good medical skills:p). I'd pretty much be the commando, staying on the front lines with my trusty assault rifle, keeping the horde at bay. My weapon of choice would be the tried-and-true AK47 (assuming you can find those in America:)). Why? Well, great stopping power for one, and for two, it can go a long time without maintenance and still work perfectly. Accuracy isn't a big concern in a zombie apocalypse-type situation, just as long as your bullets are hitting the zombies.

As for a home base, I wouldn't mind making the Empire State building in New York city my home base. Why? You have dozens of floors you can retreat to if your ground level defenses are breached. Plus, since it's situated in New York, there's plenty of stores and restaurants you can loot for food and water.

Would you save yourself the torment and just end your life willingly? Would you evacuate the country like most sane people would? Or would you grab some ordnance and let those freaks know what you think of them? Just as a side note, this isn't a serious topic, so have some fun with it. And you don't have to stay within the parameters of KF, so if you want an M60 to kill zombies with, go right ahead.

If you decided to stay and kill as many of the defective experiments as you could, what kind of weapons would you use, where would you setup your home base, and most important of all, would you like to have friends to back you up or would you take on the horde all by yourself?

Me, personally, I have a few real-life friends who would probably relish an opportunity to kill a boat load of zombies, so I'd have plenty of allies to back me up (though none of them have particularly good medical skills:p). I'd pretty much be the commando, staying on the front lines with my trusty assault rifle, keeping the horde at bay. My weapon of choice would be the tried-and-true AK47 (assuming you can find those in America:)). Why? Well, great stopping power for one, and for two, it can go a long time without maintenance and still work perfectly. Accuracy isn't a big concern in a zombie apocalypse-type situation, just as long as your bullets are hitting the zombies.

As for a home base, I wouldn't mind making the Empire State building in New York city my home base. Why? You have dozens of floors you can retreat to if your ground level defenses are breached. Plus, since it's situated in New York, there's plenty of stores and restaurants you can loot for food and water.

Poser. And very stupid post.

Yeah, I'll get tons of negs for this. I'm fine with it.

Upvote 0
It would take alot more than a zombie/specimen outbreak to force me to immigrate to France. Personally I'd follow the good old J* zombie survival checklist, patent pending.

1) (Quickly read point 4 before starting) Go to the supermarket, which would no doubt be abandoned at this point and grab as much canned food as you possibly can. Doesn't matter what, although beans especially do offer a good mix of carbs, protein, sugar, etc to cover all your basic body needs. Try to get as many bottles of water as possible.

2) Go to your local DIY store and nab hammers, saws, nails, planks of wood and a crowbar (to get back out again).

3) Go to the gas station and fill your car up to the brim with petrol. If you have a spare gas can, fill that up too. If you have time also run checks on your cars water levels, oil levels, and tyre air pressure, etc. Try and ensure you have some way of transporting supplies easily, such a rucksacks, etc in case you have to leave.

4) Keep an eye out for any convenient weapons you can use. This is Britain after all, one cannot expect to find a Mp5 and/or ammo at your local Tescos. As a basic guide here is a list http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=715808&postcount=9.
Also a radio and a truck load of batteries couldn't hurt too.

5) After arriving home again, park your car in line of your emergency exit (see 6). (Not by your front door as this will likely be swarmed in the event specimens discover you.). Leave your car door unlocked, and have the key on you at all times.

6) Procede to board up and barricade large windows and weak door structures. Reinforce door frames and locks where possible on emergency exits. Ensure you have at least one window (preferably leading to the roof) that you can escape out of in emergency.

7) Use your regualr food supplies for as long as you can before starting on your canned food. Regularly refill the water supplies from the taps while you can as well. Once this is no longer possible, start using the bottled water.

8) Ride it out and listen to the radio for new information... if you get bored practise using your emergency exit and go out and thwak a few clots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, you can buy an AK in America, they range from about $500-$1500, depending on quality. They aren't full auto, though, which is a waste of ammo anyways. As far as accuracy concerns, the AK is accurate enough for torso shots to 300 meters, headshots to 200, though I have heard of people hitting things much farther(Romy AK nailing gongs at 600 yards, yeah, with 7.62x39).

All I own at the moment is a Glock 19, but I am really good with it, and there would probably be plenty of weapons laying around to supply with. Also, if this was real, the guns wouldn't be weak(you could kill a scrake with a couple 9mm headshots, ect).

Upvote 0
"...have some fun with it (topic)".
Sounds good :)

-Start of sci-fi fantasy world-

If the Horzine outbreak did occur in real life, I'd probably tell the guards (B1 Battledroids) to lock all the doors of the compound, roll out the droidekas and the super battle droids. Then wait for the hordes to approach the shielded durasteel fortress that I'm residing in.

Assuming any zeds make it pass the repeating plama bursts from the guards at the compound, they'll probably be cut to pieces by the saber droids wielding saber staffs at the entrance of the fortress.
Or vapourized by the perodic ion beam blasts.
Or chopped to pieces by roaming cloaked teams of droids with dual lightsabers (ShadowTroopers).
Or levelled to the ground after being pounded with energy shells from the backpack motars that artilliary droids are carrying.
Or riddled with particle beams that are firing in a random pattern.

Stalkers wouldn't pose a threat, Husks might shoot their fireballs, but how much damage could they do against shielded durasteel? Fleshpounds and Husks can both be easily taken out by droid snipers, or in hand to hand combat. Let's see how strong you are when your meatgrinders/chainsaws are sliced through :p

If any get inside, turrets in the compound, and the droidekas would make sort work of them, while the super battle droids would be the shock troopers.

My weapon of choice: Dual lightsaber staffs. Just like wielding a sharpened laser staff, only this time I'm wielding two! In a whirlwind of blades, they'll be chopped down...

-----End of sci-fi fantasy-----
As you can see, it'll be a hell of a time if the above happens.

Upvote 0