• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Lapsed Judgment

Hard no with wacky or exotic.

I'm one of those people that prefer lore friendly maps and we have been completely devoid of all of them. And Biolapse aims to be as lore friendly as you can be (within the realm of Holdouts).

Of the 28 maps we have only 5 would be considered lab maps (Bio, Outpost[probably not though], Containment, Lockdown, Diesector), 7 if you want to include Descent and Powercore, which I dont. Unless your definition of a lab is a closed area with no open spaces.

So sick of wacky maps - from the past 10 updates, 7/12 were non-serious settings, with 4 of the others being complete asset rehashes; as in literally no new assets being added - Spillway literally added no new textures or meshes and due to that, it and Asylum are probably some of the most boring maps to play on; looks like the same stuff we've been playing on for the past 3 or so years. And of those 12 maps none have a hard connection to the lore like we had with the original maps or like the majority of the core maps from KF1.

I can understand your frustration with the lack of assets and rehashing though; especially through custom maps - the Biotics assets are very easy to work with for beginners. And we really haven't had new assets since EA with exception Monsterball and Airship, but those are still rather hard assets to mesh with anything else. Biolapse in comparison has around 200+ custom meshes and unique materials to help facilitate a fresh look while still staying within the art direction of KF2 Biotics. But whatever, everyone has their own preferences and tastes.

A new street/urban asset kit would really liven up the creative juices for maps for this game imo. And nicer rocks plz.

Again, by "wacky" maps, I'm mostly asking for a change of looks more than anything. Like other areas of a city. Some more maps taking place in greener areas... This kind of stuff. I'm obviously not asking to go full Call of Duty and fight in a waterpark or a medieval castle. But just...spice things up.

As for staying lore-friendly : I'd say we're actually beyond the "experiment gone wrong" part of the story...That was most of KF1, now it has been established than most of Europe is in shambles. So please : SHOW THAT. Go back to the "dystopic eurotrip" they were going for. At first we had the streets of Paris and a military base in (I believe) Norway. Then the Catacombs of Italy and the shores of Denmark. That was proof that indeed, the world got overwhelmed by the zeds.

Even having "only" five lab maps is already way too much. We don't need to be reminded that Horzine was everywhere and conducted researches on a continental scale.

And don't get me wrong : I'm not necessarily glad with non-canon maps (such as the Christmas themed ones) either. But at least it brings something different... I'd rather see them diverge from time to time than to stick with lore if it means more boring maps.

But yeah, basically :we need more assets.

Reactions: s5yn3t
Upvote 0