• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What News Can We Expect from the 1C Event in San Francisco Today?

If I remember correctly the larger open beta is for hardware compatability purposes.
I have a feeling system specs may be determined during the test as people report the results , problems , concerns on their particular rigs .

It's relatively close to when they need to go Gold with the game (6-7 weeks) . So it sounds like they have a good idea about how it performs on different hardware . As they are leaving themselves a narrow window to make adjustments . Then again , seems like they are much quicker the react to issues than perhaps the bigger studios . And the Unreal3 engine is a well known and thoroughly explored engine , so I'm confident they'll have few issues.

Upvote 0
As for BF3 I'm sure the specs (or should i say demands) are way above RO2HOS...it needs vista as minimum and DX10 as minimum...RO2HOS will play with XP (AFAIK) and DX9 (it will be expanded to also support DX11 later but it will continue to support DX9 and for ME that is a big PLUS)
And let's not talk about what a resource hog is Frostbite2.0 compared with UE3....and the lame excessive destruction with players cutting wired fences with a single knife blow and little more to destroy a picked fence....and footage of BF3 showing a single grenade destroying completely a brick wall :rolleyes: ,OTOH, some buildings won't get a single scratch even if you could drop on them a tactical nuke (there will NO tactical nukes AFAIK) :eek:...BF3 is ridiculous...i bet that you can still revive a guy blown by the cannon and then crushed by a 50ton MBT :eek: :rolleyes: :mad:
...and will BF3 have mods ? NOOOO :mad:
....and will BF3 have expensive totally unrelated DLC ? you can bet :mad:

As for RO2HOS, I also can't wait for more info about the "singleplayer campaign"...in special about bot quality.

I want to see footage of them in combat to see how they move around.

Singleplayer is a big thing to me because my net connection now days isn't that good for gaming most of the days .

You shouldn't bash BF3 like that. HoS and BF3 are two completely different games. That's why I'm playing both of them. ;P

Try comparing BF3 with MW3 now they're alike. (BF3 owns MW3, enough said)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Think he was comparing engines . Which you're still correct. The Frostbite 2.0 is an incredible engine . Coupled with the ANT animation system and it looks incredible .
I do agree with his concerns with some of the levels of destructibility , but that's more of how they are choosing to implement it than the capabilities of the engine .

Upvote 0
You shouldn't bash BF3 like that. HoS and BF3 are two completely different games. That's why I'm playing both of them. ;P

Try comparing BF3 with MW3 now they're alike. (BF3 owns MW3, enough said)

You cant iven compare BF3 to MW3,MW3 is a CQC game,no vehicles,jets,choppers,tanks, rambo fast movements,almost no recoil whatsoever, BF3 is everything opposite than MW3 same as BFBC2...

If there is a game to be compared to BF3 or BFBC2,that would be Homefront because it sports big maps,slower paced movements,team work,vehicles,choppers,tanks etc etc etc.

The only common thing this games have with MW3 is the crosshairs....

I still cant get over the fact what they did out of a great starting franchise,vCOD was a very fun game,so different than ROOST but then in some ways so much alike...they ruined the franchise in the name of money and console sales.

I cant believe they still make record breaking sales,how is this possible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You cant iven compare BF3 to MW3,MW3 is a CQ game,no vehicles,jets,choppers,tanks, rambo fast movements,almost no recoil whatsoever, BF3 is everything opposite than MW3 same as BFBC2...

If there is a game to be compared to BF3 or BFBC2,that would be Homefront because it sports big maps,slower paced movements,team work,vehicles,choppers,tanks etc etc etc.

Homefront is still very similar to CoD. That's why I don't like it.

Upvote 0
You cant iven compare BF3 to MW3,MW3 is a CQC game,no vehicles,jets,choppers,tanks, rambo fast movements,almost no recoil whatsoever, BF3 is everything opposite than MW3 same as BFBC2...

IF you look into sp gameplay of bf3 more closer, you can check that the aiming movements in there not much slower then COD and recoil looks not much higher. I bet it looks the same.:)

Upvote 0