• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is everyone playing instead of this?

I got hooked by M&B Napoleonic Wars for a long while. It still has somewhat active public gameplay community but I never got interested with organised activity since line battles generate hilariously ridiculous amount of silly e-drama relation to the playerbase.

Sometime around 2013 I picked renewed interest in (Super) Street Fighter 4 which has remained to this day. There's even fairly active local scene here and maybe later this year I'll embarrass myself at local tournament. Alongside that I garnered somewhat casual interest in SF2, 3, and King of Fighters UM98 and XIII. Friend of mine's been flirting to try Tekken as well but I lack proper platform to even try it out aside from old PS1 titles. Too bad KoF's online play is pretty much a ghost town on PC. Moderate hopes for SF5 since most gripes surrounding SF4 are toned down or no longer present.

I am planning to reinstall RO1 some day since Russian servers seem to be quite active. Last time I played DH around late 2011 or early 2012 still had few active servers. Maybe it still survives to this day as well.

Upvote 0
I AM Playing Darkest Hour and Red Orchestra 1. There is no replacement. The open map designs, the gunplay, the community; there is no replacement.

Darkest Hour is being actively developed as I type this
! Theel and the other devs are actively working on 6.0 and it is in open beta right now. A new flak cannon and other content are in store, as well as great new maps and an all new spawn system.

Darkest Hour's 29th server daily gets filled to maximum capacity, Good Guys often too.

The game is ALIVE. The mod is ALIVE. It should be made freeware so it can really take off again, or at least should be thrust into the endless inexpensive bundling sites like humblebundle, indie gala, bundle stars, and others, so that we can buy inexpensive keys to gift to friends, and so others can discover the game at a very low price. Surprisingly, the awesome VP of Tripwire said that a freeware Ro1 is a possibility:

Well, the versions of the mod are still around - they were always "freeware". And maybe we will do that for RO: Ostfront one day!

I was trying to remember the dates as well. Yes, I think the first mod (just checked on Wayback Machine) was released 10/10/03. Wow.

Please Tripwire, I'm begging ya, make the game free, or start aggressively bundling it on the cheap!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heroes and Generals is crap in my eyes.
The reason why its played is the campaign modus I guess.

In RO2 you also have the campaign modus, what is great.

Make it for ROOST and DH as well and it will blow again.
Campaign "Normandy", "Ardennen", "Fall Blau" ect...

Also 10 bugs are not expensive imo for the content you'll get by buying
RO1 + DLC's

To topic:
I play all RO1, all RO2, HOI3 (only with Black Ice mod), IL-2, Cliffs of Dover, SH5 (only with Wolves of Steel mod), Verdun,....
....yes, I'm creepy WW2 player :eek:

Upvote 0
What is everyone playing instead of this? Reply to Thread

What is everyone playing instead of this? Reply to Thread

Hi, sorry, but I'm not that so familiar with this game. I'm playing Minecraft and my nephews are addicted to ball and dwarfs. By the way, I'll try to get some info about Red Orchestra also.

Upvote 0