• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to Practice mode and Elite Assault?

Sifer2

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Reactions: KompanyCommands
I agree the Elite Assault would of solved the issue of too many Mkb.42s and AVTs and that menu fit the game and looked better personally.

I would like to know as well why it has changed....I love RO2 but some of these changes to appeal to the crowd of people who didn't know about RO were just stupid personally....

I have gotten a lot of people to pre order RO2 and buy RO1 my self and what they loved about RO1 was how different it was and how these differences made the game 500 times better then any other, they didn't need to play with prototype weapons and need balance, they appreciated and LOVED it for what it was.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one who thinks this is a CoD game as it is still RO easily and I love it but some decisions were kind of dumb, if a player needs to use prototype weapons or need balanced weapons and unlocks to keep them interested then chances are they are not going to be playing the game for long. Unlike the people I brought over (I brought a lot of people over) who tried out RO1 for the first time a little before RO2 came out and loved it for how amazing it was, they saw it instantly and fell in love and got others to buy RO1 and RO2 now these are the long term players who can appreciate it for what it is.....

They don't need MP40/IIs to counter the PPSH, they don't need unlocks and they don't need an Mkb to keep them satisfied as they just loved the gameplay to it's core and that is what RO did amazingly on. And if it kept this attitude where unlocks and ranks didn't matter, you would of converted a lot of people for that alone as RO1 is still an unmatched playing experience after all these years....

So is RO2 but not entirely on the same field, though I can't wait to see what you guys offer in more patches and post DLC and I thank you guys for all your hard work for this great game.

Upvote 0
Oh god, did they remove elite assault? An feature alot of people is asking for now? That doesn't make any sense.

I was thinking maybe they found it too weak on longer range maps. But I don't really see that as a problem. Just switch to Rifleman or focus on getting in the buildings. The AR's kind of feel out of place on Assault now. It's like the only class that suddenly gets a whole other kind of weapon unlocked.

Upvote 0