• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you think about clots?

What do you think about clots?

• Yes, remove them

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Yes, spice them up with different moves

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No, they're fine

Votes: 58 81.7%

• Total voters

moleculo

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2013
So far I've been liking the new zed models and movesets so this is kind of nitpicking. It's about the clot, I think he should be removed from the game. Now, before you start hating me consider the situation: The original clot was split up into the cyst, who's an adorable version of the traditional clot, and the slasher, who's the missing link between a clot and a gorefast, more mobile and dangerous. What role does that leave to our traditional clot? Well, not much. Currently he's a cyst who walks in a very manly fashion and doesn't fall over when he fails to grab you. He's also pretty hard to tell apart from a cyst, unlike the slasher. Not that it matters very much because they're pretty identical. So maybe it's time to let go of the clot and replace him with more cysts? It kinda feels like the clot is there just because he was in KF1. Thoughts?

So far I've been liking the new zed models and movesets so this is kind of nitpicking. It's about the clot, I think he should be removed from the game. Now, before you start hating me consider the situation: The original clot was split up into the cyst, who's an adorable version of the traditional clot, and the slasher, who's the missing link between a clot and a gorefast, more mobile and dangerous. What role does that leave to our traditional clot? Well, not much. Currently he's a cyst who walks in a very manly fashion and doesn't fall over when he fails to grab you. He's also pretty hard to tell apart from a cyst, unlike the slasher. Not that it matters very much because they're pretty identical. So maybe it's time to let go of the clot and replace him with more cysts? It kinda feels like the clot is there just because he was in KF1. Thoughts?

No reason to remove him

As you said...hes a clot....
cyst is a worse clot, slasher a stronger one....

they laso seem to have different head height for headshots

Upvote 0
The day after early access launch and someone asks for removal of clots... :confused:

Maybe we grant the devs some more time to implement more game mechanics? The game looks pretty good and polished but don't get fooled by that. The game mechanics have still to come.

And even if the standard clot would be just a cosmetic variant, why removing it? Don't you like variety?

Upvote 0
I think he's fine.

Though I'd like to see the zedcount buffed up to enable more clot families to spawn. They don't do their cannon fodder role well enough.

6man HOE used to bring us up to 300 zeds if I remember correctly. And in many cases we go in the 200-300 range even outside of HOE. Not quite the case in KF2.

Upvote 0
The day after early access launch and someone asks for removal of clots... :confused:

Maybe we grant the devs some more time to implement more game mechanics? The game looks pretty good and polished but don't get fooled by that. The game mechanics have still to come.

And even if the standard clot would be just a cosmetic variant, why removing it? Don't you like variety?
Just brainstorming is all.

Upvote 0
I think he's fine.

Though I'd like to see the zedcount buffed up to enable more clot families to spawn. They don't do their cannon fodder role well enough.

6man HOE used to bring us up to 300 zeds if I remember correctly. And in many cases we go in the 200-300 range even outside of HOE. Not quite the case in KF2.

I'd agree with this. The issue is that there's not enough of them IMO (although spawning more on Suicidal and HOE would probably break the game.)

That and I dunno, the Slasher seems pointless. He has maybe 1 move the others don't, but other than that he's almost indistinguishable from Clots and Cysts. Cysts are totes adorbs, Clots are just their stepped up version, but Slashers don't currently feel like they justify their existence very well. Sure, they're the missing link, but if all that involves is some long finger nails...

TLDR: It's fine, but Slashers could do more.

Upvote 0
I'd agree with this. The issue is that there's not enough of them IMO (although spawning more on Suicidal and HOE would probably break the game.)

That and I dunno, the Slasher seems pointless. He has maybe 1 move the others don't, but other than that he's almost indistinguishable from Clots and Cysts. Cysts are totes adorbs, Clots are just their stepped up version, but Slashers don't currently feel like they justify their existence very well. Sure, they're the missing link, but if all that involves is some long finger nails...

TLDR: It's fine, but Slashers could do more.
I think the slashers are a great addition because of their different behavior. They can, well, slash, they can roll, they move fast and they sway their head around. THey act all around crazy. Me like.

Upvote 0
I agree with Nenjin, where does the Slasher stand at all? He's like Diet Gorefast.

Edit: nvm, moleculo has a point. But I don't think I see them behave differently enough.

There just needs to be a fat load more of each type, and I think they'll be fine.
Well that's true, there's some overlap currently since all the clots are relatively similar to earlier zeds. I'm fine with the way things currently are but I wouldn't mind cutting out one clot variant the other two variants more distinct.

Upvote 0
I think the slashers are a great addition because of their different behavior. They can, well, slash, they can roll, they move fast and they sway their head around. THey act all around crazy. Me like.

It's true, there are differences. I just don't see them as strongly in lower difficulties. He's not much faster until he charges, his slashes are barely distinguishable from being struck by a clot (except maybe in higher diff damage.) His shambling animation is the one thing that makes him stand out to me, but it doesn't really affect my ability to pop his head that much.

So maybe they need to make the higher difficulty range of things they can do available at all difficulties. Like, if the Slasher leaped from that crouch position instead of just monkey-walking toward you. Maybe if his claw attack was a constant, moving wall of attacks rather than walking up and going "slash-slash."

I just feel like Slasher needs a little extra something to make him pop in terms of this threat.

Upvote 0
It's true, there are differences. I just don't see them as strongly in lower difficulties. He's not much faster until he charges, his slashes are barely distinguishable from being struck by a clot (except maybe in higher diff damage.) His shambling animation is the one thing that makes him stand out to me, but it doesn't really affect my ability to pop his head that much.

So maybe they need to make the higher difficulty range of things they can do available at all difficulties. Like, if the Slasher leaped from that crouch position instead of just monkey-walking toward you. Maybe if his claw attack was a constant, moving wall of attacks rather than walking up and going "slash-slash."

I just feel like Slasher needs a little extra something to make him pop in terms of this threat.
Especially on normal where all the clots are basically reskins of the same zed. Well, I won't keep bumping this thread any more since it doesn't seem to be a wanted change but we'll see, maybe clots get changed up a bit in the future.

Upvote 0
I voted to remove them, because it's not all about their strenght or difficulty.
What made the zeds famous, is the fact that every one is unique and dangerous in its own way. You couldn't have deleted a single zed from KF1 without ruining the game.
Now tell me...would you miss a Cyst? A Clot? A Slasher?
They are basically the same thing, and I'm very disappointed. When I shoot, I even tend to forget their differences...it's like their are all skins of the same creature, and if they spawn all together, you just dont care and use the same strategy...

Upvote 0
It wouldn't make any sense at all to remove the Clot.

Quite literally, they are the template for every single other Zed.

The "Clot Mother" creates the Clot, which is then harvested and transported to another area where further mutations are applied. It says so right in the art book.

It also says here from the art book about the Bloat, "The nipple rings from the original Killing Floor were removed to reinforce the idea that all Zeds were made from the same source Clot and then later modified with bio-mechanics or genetic mutations."

So there you have it.

Upvote 0
They are basically the same thing, and I'm very disappointed. When I shoot, I even tend to forget their differences...it's like their are all skins of the same creature, and if they spawn all together, you just dont care and use the same strategy...

I actually like their inclusion of these variants. I find it weird, but I think it's cool to be fighting a bunch of clots, but they are all visibly animating differently.

Functionally I shoot them the same way, but I get the satisfaction that I'm not facing 10 zeds that are moving in the exact same way.

Upvote 0