• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What do you think a German / Russian Veteran soldier should look like?

sturmfuhrer

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
I will start of this thread by voicing my opinions, please follow my lead.

In my opinion a GERMAN veteran should have the following:

1) No insignia on helmet, new fresh soldiers would have yet to realise the potential to snipers of a shiny decal.

2) Rolled up sleeves, open collar.

3) Medals i.e Battle of Poland, France & possibly bravery & Infantry combat medals.

4) Arm decals i.e for Tank busting

5.) Should carry a sidearm, be it German or other.

6.) Plenty of grenades.

7.) Camoflage cover / Wire netting on helmet

8.) No strap on helmet to stop neck from breaking if high calibre bullet hits helmet.

9.) Worn out uniform colouring, possibly trousers old '1939' pattern to show how long he has been in combat.

10.) Scratches / scars on face (Battle hardened)

11.) Dried on blood stain on uniform.

12.) Irregular equiptment i.e more streamlined for practicality / possibility of not gas mask tin / breadbag

13. Nicer officer jackboots which he may have aquired from an earlier campaign.

14.) Leather gloves for winter settings, instead of the standard issued cotton variants.

15.) BEARD!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I will start of this thread by voicing my opinions, please follow my lead.

In my opinion a GERMAN veteran should have the following:

1) No insignia on helmet, new fresh soldiers would have yet to realise the potential to snipers of a shiny decal.

2) Rolled up sleeves, open collar.

3) Medals i.e Battle of Poland, France & possibly bravery & Infantry combat medals, never mind.

4) Arm decals i.e for Tank busting

6.) Plenty of grenades.

7.) Camoflage cover / Wire netting on helmet

8.) No strap on helmet to stop neck from breaking if high calibre bullet hits helmet.

9.) Worn out uniform colouring, possibly trousers old '1939' pattern to show how long he has been in combat.

10.) Scratches / scars on face (Battle hardened)

11.) Dried on blood stain on uniform.

12.) Irregular equiptment i.e more streamlined for practicality / possibility of not gas mask tin / breadbag

14.) Leather gloves for winter settings, instead of the standard issued cotton variants.

15.) BEARD!!!!!!!

So, where are the suggestions for the Soviet hero? Oh wait... just saw your user name, never mind.

Upvote 0
Way to derail. :rolleyes: Anyway...

3) Medals i.e Battle of Poland, France & possibly bravery & Infantry combat medals.
Don't forget the order of the frozen meat. ;)

This I am partial to. I'm not sure if NCO's or even Landsers picked up pistols unless they were issued them. But I would love to be proved wrong on this one. :)

It was forbidden for any soldat to abandon his gas canister. You will always see photos of even Pak crews wearing just their equipment belt and a gas canister. High Command was adamant about the importance of wearing the gas canister.

Why would a soldat abandon his breadbag as well? It carried everything he needed to survive! Extra ammunition, bandages, cleaning kit, sometimes iron rations, fat, etc.

For some strange reason, the German models in RO2 are all wearing officer boots, despite their rank. Kind of frustrating, but it's too late to change it now. One can only hope modders can fix it in the future. So looks like everyone is a veteran in Stalingrad. :p

The only way I could think of a soldat getting leather gloves is by scavenging the remains of his officer, which take a lot of balls! :eek:

15.) BEARD!!!!!!!
This would be awesome, but only for the late-battle winter maps. :D

Upvote 0
VETERAN+GERMAN

This looks like a veteran for me, no need for medals, dont get me wrong I love the idea of wearing medals you earned, especially those tank hunter medals. but I dont really need themk to enjoy the game!
EDIT:But if, this medals must be really hard to get!

3534476016_02fb897ecd.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I have to say, this made me laugh quite abit :D

If a high caliber bullet hits your helmet, the strap will be the least of your worries ;)

Jumping into the water with a helmet strap can be dangerous though, depending on how fast you're going when you hit the water.

Reactions: 213
Upvote 0