• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are the chances of flying zeds!?

What are the chances of flying zeds!?

• Heck ya

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Don't bet on it

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • No, just no

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

i8pptu

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 25, 2011
So, there are still new zeds that we do not know about, what are the chances that there will be flying zeds??

I can just imagine being picked up and dropped from really high lol.

Also, I would like to see the crawlers crawl on walls and ceilings. I can imagine hearing the crawler and looking up and seeing them covering the ceiling, that would be pretty sweet. :D

Last edited:
i think it's not possible because they can block him in map and they can't adapt all map for this

Yeah that's a good point. There would have to be a lot of coding that would make it so on enclosed areas in a map they would only fly at a normal height with the rest of the zeds so that there's no clipping or getting trapped in ceilings/walls. I suppose if they can get crawlers to walk on all surfaces it might not be that hard to do, dunno.

Upvote 0
Well, that would be a great idea. :D
More than wings, it could be thanks to a jetpack (like the husk who use some technology).

But there could be a bit of problem with that : some map are totaly indoors. So how is a flying ZED supposed to do ?
There could be an option when someone create a map to allow or not flying ZEDs.

Upvote 0
Flying zeds, yes please! Personally I don't think there will be any problems with these type of zeds when playing maps that are indoors. Mainly because i assume crawlers are able to blanket entire walls and ceilings to give any player a hard time when taking shelter indoors or while playing maps that don't feature open area's where the flying type of zeds are able the haunt the players every footstep from the sky. But more importantly, what should these flying zeds look like and what should they be capable of?

Upvote 0
Well, that would be a great idea. :D
More than wings, it could be thanks to a jetpack (like the husk who use some technology).

But there could be a bit of problem with that : some map are totaly indoors. So how is a flying ZED supposed to do ?
There could be an option when someone create a map to allow or not flying ZEDs.

Yeah true, doesn't have to be organic, could easily use technology like some of the other zeds. One thing you could do is make the zeds able to walk and fly. So when they're in enclosed areas there's a flag that tells them to just walk, and if it's an open area then they can use their flight ability.

Upvote 0
Some new means of locomotion for the zeds would put a fresh twist on things.
Wings might be good, but if they're always in the air, watching out for them might not be so fun.
Maybe there could be a zed that does get some decent airtime, but with extreme jumps, instead of continuous flight. Might be cool to see a zed down the street, and suddenly boing, he's up in your face, about to kick your teeth in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wings might be good, but if they're always in the air, watching out for them might not be so fun.

Well, It couild make some specific noises so that we always know it there is one.

Maybe there could be a zed that does get some decent airtime, but with extreme jumps, instead of continuous flight. Might be cool to see a zed down the street, and suddenly boing, he's up in your face, about to kick your teeth in.

It could also be a teleporting one. :D

Upvote 0
Interesting idea, not completely flying but definitely a new way to get around.

I am liking the discussion guys! If we keep it up maybe we can convince TWI to make something like this!

Also if there were flying zeds, there could only be like 2 or 3 that show up on like wave 8/9+. That way you know how many are left. They could also be really noisy but fast. So, maybe instead of being picked up they swoop down and claw at you.

Or maybe they could drop bile sack bombs or something, soo many ideas!!! :D lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You mean like a gliding zed?

That'd be pretty cool. Some kind of Glass Hammer, if ya get me.

Upvote 0