• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Web API?

You could probably do it with unreal script and write that stats to config files, there is already quite an amount of tracking variables in the unrealscript code you could read at the end of rounds.

If the Dllbind keyword gets integrated you would be able to do this more effeciently and not use the config files, maybe even send information to a clan/unit website for example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never actually worked with UnrealScript before, but from what little I've seen, looks comparable to Java, which I have some experience using. I have only glanced at it though, so don't e-castrate me for being completely wrong. However, feel free to explain how I'm wrong, because I'm always eager to learn more.

I would be interested in looking more into it, if instead of parsing the data in to XML, I could just create a table in a remote mysql database and hold the data there.

I wish I had more time to dedicate to that right now, because it would be an interesting little project to start. Anything you can tell me about database manipulation using unrealscript Ducky? Just want to know if it's possible.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately unrealscript does not have any database support. It even does not support XML support. What I did with the ladder mutator was composing the XML myself by writing it directly to a file with the writer class. That file I saved in the ROGame\web\images\<mutator> folder. Normally log files go to the logs folder, but with a small change you can trick the unreal engine and your file can end up anywhere you want it. Files in the ROGame\web\images tree can be downloaded by using a direct URL to that file. You can then make a separate program (can be written in any language) that periodically downloads the saved XML file and store the content in that XML file into for instance a MySQL database.

Upvote 0