• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WeaponSounds 716ID

I'm sorry for that.... I felt I was a tad too rough on you. But you were a gentleman and responded like one.

As far as the sounds go, they're pretty close to the real thing. Its true I've fired many of the weapons in RO... Was even lucky enough to go for a ride in a Tiger. Now if only we could get the ready racks, (faster re-load speed), and the turret speed up. Yes the Turret on the Tiger and few other WW2 Tanks can go faster if the engine is running and rev'ed up.

No worries, I kinda overreacted too in my first post. I guess it wasn't the BoB sounds, but it still sounded similar to some kind of self-loading rifle. It just bothers me when I hear something I associate to a Garand firing at full auto :D

I guess it's an issue with the sound quality. Some of the guns sound kind of subdued. :(

Upvote 0
No worries, I kinda overreacted too in my first post. I guess it wasn't the BoB sounds, but it still sounded similar to some kind of self-loading rifle. It just bothers me when I hear something I associate to a Garand firing at full auto :D

I guess it's an issue with the sound quality. Some of the guns sound kind of subdued. :(

Thanks for understanding.... and yes, that's why I'm liking the new sounds because eliminate the "subdued" sounds. After having fired the actual weapons... you'll always look for the "punch" in the sound of the discharge.

Upvote 0
(original RO sounds) which seem to me to lack fidelity.. plenty of lows and little to no highs...

This sound mut brings a breath of fresh air to the overall sound quality.

huh? to me it appears the exact opposite. the sounds in the mutator (especially the semi auto ones) sound like a gigantic bass-boom while the originals (must say i dont really like the original g43 one either) crack sharply as you would expect a real gun to do.
maybe this all depends on the hardware (speakers, headphones whatever) you are using?

Upvote 0
huh? to me it appears the exact opposite. the sounds in the mutator (especially the semi auto ones) sound like a gigantic bass-boom while the originals (must say i dont really like the original g43 one either) crack sharply as you would expect a real gun to do.
maybe this all depends on the hardware (speakers, headphones whatever) you are using?

I believe what we are seeing (hearing) is Hardware related. I'm using Creative's Audigy 2Z5 and 4 bose 401 bookshleves with a powered 15" Sub-Woofer. 5.1 Surround EAX

Upvote 0
Mike, I am actually suprised at you, considering this mod uses stock sounds from Call of Duty 2. :D

Not to metion, probably some of the most horrible sounds from that game.
The G43, SVT, STG44, and P38 sounds all are from COD2.
My freaking airsoft rifle makes a more punchy sound these semi's!

[Rant]
Both COD1 and COD2 had some of the most horrible weapon sounds I've ever heard from any game.
You can't even tell how far away someone is firing (something RO is extremely good at.)
Not to mention, COD sounds were down right annoying.
I could barely stand the game [COD2] when it came out because of the horrendous MP44 sound and Thopson-firing-the-M1-Garand-sound-glitch!
(Which was never fixed! Did you even test your game IW?).
The COD1 Thompson sound forced me to stop playing stock MP altogether among other things. (Heat of Battle FTW!)
[/Rant]

The russian bolt, sounded good, but the aftertouch was really weak.
Not much of low or mid level frequecy sound you would expect to hear from a rifle.
The reverb has no balls.

I do agree with the notion that the MP40 sounds like an M1 Garand. From the videos and sound clips I've seen/heard, the MP40 has a high "tat/tah", sound but the pitch wasn't as high as what I've heard. It would be best to eliminate the aftertouch from that sound file, and maybe bend the pitch up slightly.

I did like the Kar98 sound. But it seems I've heard it before somewhere else.

The russian grenade - wtf? It's like only the sound you hear after the explosion, but without the initial explosion sound.

TT33 sounds alright, but needs reverb - it sounds like you are firing it in a recording studio.
(You know, where it is so quiet you can hear your heart beating!)

Stielhandgranate sounds alright, but it sounds the other three grenade explosion sounds you hear in 3 out of every 4 MOH/COD "custom" soundpacks.

I'm happy this mod doesn't have that amateur perception that a scope somehow increases the size and length of a rifle's reverberation.
And on top of that - makes it sound completely different than the rifle without the scope.

I am by no means a weapons expert.
These are just the impressions of a lowly aspiring sound engineering student. :cool:

The Ostfront sound work is absolutely incredible. It's amazing how most of the ambient noise is player generated. All the weapons sound authentic and real, and sound depth perception is unparalleled in any game I've ever played. I don't know why anyone would want to cover up such beautiful work with a subpar sound mod. The inclusion of stock COD2 sounds is down right insulting.

Upvote 0
Mike, I am actually suprised at you, considering this mod uses stock sounds from Call of Duty 2. :D

Not to metion, probably some of the most horrible sounds from that game.
The G43, SVT, STG44, and P38 sounds all are from COD2.
My freaking airsoft rifle makes a more punchy sound these semi's!

[Rant]
Both COD1 and COD2 had some of the most horrible weapon sounds I've ever heard from any game.
You can't even tell how far away someone is firing (something RO is extremely good at.)
Not to mention, COD sounds were down right annoying.
I could barely stand the game [COD2] when it came out because of the horrendous MP44 sound and Thopson-firing-the-M1-Garand-sound-glitch!
(Which was never fixed! Did you even test your game IW?).
The COD1 Thompson sound forced me to stop playing stock MP altogether among other things. (Heat of Battle FTW!)
[/Rant]

The russian bolt, sounded good, but the aftertouch was really weak.
Not much of low or mid level frequecy sound you would expect to hear from a rifle.
The reverb has no balls.

I do agree with the notion that the MP40 sounds like an M1 Garand. From the videos and sound clips I've seen/heard, the MP40 has a high "tat/tah", sound but the pitch wasn't as high as what I've heard. It would be best to eliminate the aftertouch from that sound file, and maybe bend the pitch up slightly.

I did like the Kar98 sound. But it seems I've heard it before somewhere else.

The russian grenade - wtf? It's like only the sound you hear after the explosion, but without the initial explosion sound.

TT33 sounds alright, but needs reverb - it sounds like you are firing it in a recording studio.
(You know, where it is so quiet you can hear your heart beating!)

Stielhandgranate sounds alright, but it sounds the other three grenade explosion sounds you hear in 3 out of every 4 MOH/COD "custom" soundpacks.

I'm happy this mod doesn't have that amateur perception that a scope somehow increases the size and length of a rifle's reverberation.
And on top of that - makes it sound completely different than the rifle without the scope.

I am by no means a weapons expert.
These are just the impressions of a lowly aspiring sound engineering student. :cool:

The Ostfront sound work is absolutely incredible. It's amazing how most of the ambient noise is player generated. All the weapons sound authentic and real, and sound depth perception is unparalleled in any game I've ever played. I don't know why anyone would want to cover up such beautiful work with a subpar sound mod. The inclusion of stock COD2 sounds is down right insulting.

I have to agree, I like the sounds just the way they were, this was the first aspect that shined for me and sent shivers down my spine!, is when i started this game up a few days ago for the first time and i heard the battle going on in the background, it sounded so damn real!.
So I'd have to say, I will be keeping the sounds the way they are, not to say this is not a good sound MUT its just not for me, i think they sound the way they should already. Iv fired alot of firearms, and the game is spot on in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Yes, now that you mention it, it DOES sound like CoD2 stuff. My bro got it a few days ago (nutter he his) and I've been playing it extensively on the russian front on the hardest difficulty. The SVT40 from this sound mod sounded a hell of a lot like the 'blum' from CoD2. I dunno about the G43, but I definitely recognize the SVT40. :rolleyes:

Oh boy. This will NOT look good for the mutator's repuation :|

Upvote 0
All the members of the 716ID are proud to annonce our new mutator with only weapons sounds
So that's where the sounds I heard last night came from. I thought they sounded pretty good. Maybe some could be tweaked a little but I don't know which ones. I was too busy trying to stay alive to sort out which weapons sounded best.

I don't know if I'll end up liking them more than the regular RO sounds but they were a nice, refreshing change. Very interesting. Thanks

Upvote 0