• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Weapon] Fleshpounders

pie1055

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Bedlam
Finally, first version to be released to the public. This is still in beta so a few things will be unfinished and others still need to be polished. If you want to modify these I only ask that you at least notify me and rename the files to avoid server mismatch errors.

Anyways the fleshpounders are a new berserker weapon that are a sidegrade to the chainsaw. They share the saw's poor movement speed, but can pack a serious punch. They're set up to be used with Marco's ServerPerks, located here:
Thank you Marco!
When installed they should appear in the trader menu. More detailed installation instructions can be found in the readme, but they're installed the same way as most other weapon mutators are so if you can do those, this should be no problem. The readme also includes detailed statistics on this weapon so if you're interested in those, look no farther. Lastly, if by chance you require the actual source files for anything just give me a shout.

Known bugs/things yet to be implemented;

third-person/world animations/model/texture
sound/animation refinement
combined texture/gloss effect
alt fire is not working as intended yet (see readme)
I currently plan to increase primary fire speed after fixing the alt

Images
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Download BetaV2 (FPGv0.2):
Download

If you try/have tried these let me know what you think of them. They aren't finished by a long shot and I would appreciate some feedback before I release a completed "V1", especially on the balance front. As it stands with Beta V2 I think they're a tad underpowered (in terms of overall game balance, not simply damage).

Glad to see you managed to get the models working
It was simply a lack of experience on my part :eek:

HULK SMASH! Nice to see this is some sort of release then just a work in progress ;)
I think i'll try it in the beta form so I can put it on my server for other players to try as I don't think it's server ready yet. Sorry.
No worries. I don't think it's server ready yet either ;)

Just looking forward to seeing what people think about whether or not it's any good as a serious weapon. Personally I have a hard time scraping by on hoe with these things. Oh, and word of advice; don't try taking on actual fleshpounds with this weapon. Bad idea.

Upvote 0
Nice idea for a weapon! Has great potential imo :) I read your readme too about the stats etc, must say i really liked your idea of the secondary attack (the multihit effect), but it is not working yet, right?

Nonetheless, keep up the good work! :D

You are correct, it is not working yet. If you have any idea how to get it to work, I would be most grateful :D

Upvote 0
I downloaded it and the weapon doesnt make any damage, any help for this please ?
Srsly? The thread isn't that long, you could have just scrolled down from OP and get your awnser
Wow, that's the most descriptive error report I've ever seen! :rolleyes:

It was probably broken in the latest update to the game.

Upvote 0