• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon creation tutorials and resources

There's blender, and max has free trials and then u can torrent a crack if u have too, and there's others, just google "3d modeling software"

how is blender? does it handle the same?

and no, I'm not a pirate, so I will NOT be torrenting anything illegally. I just happen to be extremely cheap, so I like cheap alternatives :D

Upvote 0
oh, looks like I got ninja'd.

Anyways, I was about to ask: so I heard there was a free alternative to max that worked the exact same? I'm curious, as I...well, I'm not exactly rolling in spare dosh, and programs aren't usually all that cheap. :(

Hey Timur

Check the first post and look for the latest version of XSI Mod Tools, it is compatible with unreal and isn't disimilar to Max and best of all, it's FREE :)

Sorry guys for no updates recently, been a bit swamped at home but I do have some stuff prepared for the first tutorial video.

Upvote 0
Hey Timur

Check the first post and look for the latest version of XSI Mod Tools, it is compatible with unreal and isn't disimilar to Max and best of all, it's FREE :)

Sorry guys for no updates recently, been a bit swamped at home but I do have some stuff prepared for the first tutorial video.

Thanks! I'll check into that, for sure.

And don't worry, we all get swamped at home (I myself am a little rushed-spring is always so busy), so don't feel rushed. Us amatuers can't wait for the videos when you finish, however! :D This clears up a lot.

Upvote 0
ok, first video is available in the section 'Importing and setting up'. Still waiting for Youtube to process the video (1.84gb), lol took 6hrs to upload it, so I have rar'd it and uploaded to my downloads page.
It is 54mb compressed, so shouldn't take long to download but remember it is hi quality 1.84gb uncompressed.

Beware, at 20:23 I cough, quite loudly, which I am soooo sorry about, please don't sue me for hearing loss :p

p.s I will be creating a file for download which includes all of the assets used in the videos. Will pm Yoshiro to make it's ok to share the basic hands file first though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hands are in the shotty and katana they provide, so it should be :p Thanks so much BD :D
EDIT: also, i liked your style in that vid - i knew what you were doing and why, and even people with limited experience in MAX could follow it. and the cough wasn't that bad :p

Thanks Halb, definitely makes it worth it. I never know whether I explain too much or skip over the important parts. Plus I hope it's noticed that I never use shortcut buttons to do things, every click is on screen for everyone to see. The amount of tutorial videos I have watched where people do things and don't tell you what button they pressed, frustrates the hell out of me, so I won't make the same mistakes.

not to self.....must remember pause button lol

p.s Stickied! :)

also, I got a message back from Yoshiro and all is fine to supply the edited hands file as long as no one uses it for anything outside of KF, so I will make that clear in the download.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nice - i noticed the shortcut thing, though i think if you say "lets undo that" and hit ctrl-z people will understand - thats the most known shortcut ever :) Personally i just right-click while moving it so i dont even have to do that :) but you were appropriately thorough. I need to finish my stuff so i can start that process. Project 1 is a lightsaber, and i think i might make a P.O.S. cylinder mesh with a P.O.S. texture and use that just to learn everything and use my higher poly model later :/

Upvote 0
Hi, I'll get straight to the point, I've been searching some programs on how to convert UT4 weapons for Killing Floor. Can this tools be used to convert them? I've just sent an request permission from the modders of the gun MRS138 from the Ballistic Weapon pack of UT4. Can you guys help me with the codings? I know its possible because I joined a server with weapons from UT4 including MRS138 and AVRiL. I will upload and share all files when I finish coding this UT4 weapons, please just help me on how to do it

Upvote 0