• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Attachments?

Bill Nye The Science Spy

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
America
I was thinking making something for people to use there extra money on except for pipes. I dont know if this would make it OP or not but i was thinking adding attachments to weapons like:

Flashlight-
Bigger Clip Size-
Increased Max Ammo-
Faster Reload-
More Penetration-
A little more Damage-
Less Recoil-
Custom Iron Sights(Make Your Own)-
Bigger Explosions-
Grenade Launcher Gets Shrapnel like the Normal Thrown Grenades-

If you can think of any more just add.

And Maybe the prices of these would be:
Flashlight:$900
10% Bigger Clips: $800 for every 10% ?
10% More Max Ammo:$1100 for every 10% ?
15% Faster Reload:$900 for every 15% ?
Can penetrate +1 zombies. 750 per +1 penetration ?
5% more Damage. 850 per every 5% ?
15% Less Recoil : 900 for every 15%
Custom Iron Sights:400 ? for The Lazor Like M14 700? For Sights Like M32 650 ?
+1 ft explosions:650 per 1 ft ?
Grenade Shrapnel: 1300?

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Gustav
I admit: I love being able to customize my load out based on playstyle. Thats why I'm guilty of loving the post modernwarfare call of duty games (thats the one thing the series got right, was the customization).

In most games I find myself playing with rather unconventional loadouts because of the way I play. I would love a little bit of customization in this game.

But, I'm afraid it wouldn't be the same game if such a thing did exist. Not to say its a bad idea, but I don't think such a thing could fit and still keep killing floor the way it is.

@the future negative nancies I see coming to this thread:
YouTube - calm down!

Change a few phrases and I think this video accurately portrays the suggestions forum here.

Upvote 0
Aren't weapon attachments something you add onto the gun, lasers, flashlight, silencer,

I was kind of thinking like in bioshock you can upgrade your weapons and have that little thing on the bottom of your magnu, that makes it do more damage.

Bioshock and Killing Floor use the same engines, and btw I know a way to increase damage on guns, level your perks.

Reactions: noupperlobeman
Upvote 0
I remember someone saying in one of the multitudes of clone-similar threads that such an idea would mean a gun would have to be made for each possible combination of attachments.
I was probably the one who said that. Just like the dualies and single 9mm are separate weapons, to get all the parts working together they usually have to be constructed together as one weapon because of how the game is coded.

While not technically impossible, it would be a nightmare to code it without the background coding for the separate weapon models with separate abilities. However most of the attachments suggested in this thread don't require separate models since there are no visuals necessary associated with larger mags, increased reserve ammo, ect. This could be done with an interface outside the game using points accrued in-game that would change the weapon stats for each player.

However it would still be a nightmare to balance all the weapon styles.

Upvote 0
If anyone here has played Wolfenstein, you'll know about the Black Market. The game only allows you to accumulate enough points for a certain amount of upgrades, you have to be very careful of where you spend your points. Maybe we could make it so that we can only earn a very few points which may in total be able to purchase two upgrades or maybe one really good one? Just throwing out suggestions.

I like the idea of attatchments as a mod, at least Beta it first if you are thinking of retail, cos it would change everything in terms of trader and the way people use their classes.

Upvote 0