• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Was the game profitable?

Darrosquall

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
I want to ask you about sales. I think that you cannot give number of sales(or not?), but sure I think you can say if the game was profitable, how many copy you've sold full price, how many in discount, how many in preorders..In which percentage, piracy has damage you or not.. :p

We can't (and won't) give out sales figures. But, yes, it has made a profit for us - cash starting to flow through to Teotl :) Sold very well in the Steam Christmas sale, happily.

Does piracy hurt? Unfortunately, the smaller the company, the more it hurts. So, even a small number of pirated copies of TB is going to hurt Teotl. So if you find anyone pushing cracked versions of the game - go remind them that they are hurting a small, independent company, that deserves their support. Tell them to go steal from the rich, not from the poor!

Upvote 0
I was going to purchase it. Even had it in my hands. Thankfully, I checked the back of the box and learned that it requires Steam. Couldn't put it back on the shelf fast enough.

Instead of making an account on this forum and telling us this redundant tale you could have spent the time making a steam account and enjoy the game :rolleyes:.

Reactions: TheTempestKing
Upvote 0
Reactions: u-s-e-r and arramus
Upvote 0