• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Was the game profitable?

Darrosquall

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2009
I want to ask you about sales. I think that you cannot give number of sales(or not?), but sure I think you can say if the game was profitable, how many copy you've sold full price, how many in discount, how many in preorders..In which percentage, piracy has damage you or not.. :p

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
We can't (and won't) give out sales figures. But, yes, it has made a profit for us - cash starting to flow through to Teotl :) Sold very well in the Steam Christmas sale, happily.

Does piracy hurt? Unfortunately, the smaller the company, the more it hurts. So, even a small number of pirated copies of TB is going to hurt Teotl. So if you find anyone pushing cracked versions of the game - go remind them that they are hurting a small, independent company, that deserves their support. Tell them to go steal from the rich, not from the poor!

Lt_Kettch

FNG / Fresh Meat
I was going to purchase it. Even had it in my hands. Thankfully, I checked the back of the box and learned that it requires Steam. Couldn't put it back on the shelf fast enough.
Instead of making an account on this forum and telling us this redundant tale you could have spent the time making a steam account and enjoy the game :rolleyes:.

Reactions: TheTempestKing

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
because steam is so easy to hack, close the door on piracy and open it wide to account hacking?

their always building a better mousetrap.
I have no idea what youre talking about.

This game can be bought also from other places than Steam and completely free from DRM too.

Last edited:

Ferrari5180

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 23, 2010
because steam is so easy to hack, close the door on piracy and open it wide to account hacking?

their always building a better mousetrap.
Steam is not that great, but it sure as hell beats a lot of other digital distributors. Just so you know, nothing is hack proof. There is always room for improvement.

Swanky

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2010
Germany
Didn't have a decent rig to play the mod, but I was (and still am) appealed by the facts it was a puzzle game with a very good atmosphere, made by former fellow community mappers. Got the game when it came out here, with english localization options. And yes, it was worth every cent of the original 20

stormburn

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2011
yah ive been on steam for years most the games i bought were a sale its a great way to save a bit of cash and play some good games