• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning shot to World of Warcraft players (a.k.a. How tough is YOUR drywall?)

foxracer693 said:
you sir are one of the stupidest people i have read stuff about. hahah "desert eagles are desibgned with one thing in mind to kill people". O but this M1 Garand isnt. hhahah. The 2nd amendment is one of the greatest things america has.
Oh God. Want to get abusive eh?

The M1 Garand was designed to kill people. But it was issued to the military. You know, those people whom the government employs for national defence - which in a lot of cases, involves killing people?

This thread is about civilian ownership. If you wern't such a complete ****wit and had read the thread, you might have understood that.

Pillock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Conscript said:
Oh God. Want to get abusive eh?

The M1 Garand was designed to kill people. But it was issued to the military. You know, those people whom the government employs for national defence - which in a lot of cases, involves killing people?

This thread is about civilian ownership. If you wern't such a complete ****wit and had read the thread, you might have understood that.

Pillock.

the thread is about world of warcraft. And me saying m1s arnt supposed to kill people was a joke. sarcasm.

Edit: See how i said o but this M1 garand isnt. Its a joke.

Upvote 0
Tak said:
I honestly used to be completely in the 'weapons belong only in the hands of the government!' camp. As I grew older and started becoming more aware of situations around the world and learned more details about situations in the past, it became very clear that a large chunk of the worlds most horrific events could have been shortened (if not avoided entirely) had the weapons been the hands of everyone. Is it a sad fact? Yes. I honestly wish that human beings were mature enough as a species to not need weaponry. But, we're not. We're selfish, greedy, and jealous. As long as we possess those traits as a species, there will be people who must be prepared to defend ourselves from, violently if we have to. And I whole heartedly agree with a criminal having zero rights, period. If I cought someone attempting to harm any one of my loved ones, it would immediately become 'them or me'. I could care less about things, personally, but I can't stand the thought of the innocent become the victim.
looters7618.jpg

Not quite the one I was looking for, but I think I prefer its message. A little less emotive, a little more pensive.

Conscript: you got zinged, so hard I felt it all the way across the Internet. :p

Upvote 0
Buddy, you might want to search up the PRK's laws regarding use of force in defense, last time I did, I remember specifically that you are NOT bound to retreat. I also saw a posting on Calguns.net quoting code that states that any intruder who has forcibly entered your dwelling is automatically presumed to be up to nefarious acts, and is Ok to blast. (Just found them, I'll PM 'em along.)

Now, your buddy might have been breaking some law with that handgun, who knows. It's practically illegal to keep a loaded gun in your house here (though I have anyway.)

When I lived on the edge of Richmond, the NICE part near El Cerrito, someone tried opening my back door when my wife was home alone. From that day until we moved (neighborhood here is much better, I can leave my car running in the driveway), there was a loaded gun stashed where it was easy to get to, along with a baseball bat and a knife in other spots.

I wasn't even actually that worried about the intruder having a gun. I WAS worried that a man can overpower a woman, even though my woman is particularly kick-ass. I was worried she'd be home alone again, and the back door would be unlocked... And she wouldn't have the equalizer of a gun at hand.

Upvote 0
[CiA]Stiletto said:
Conscript: you got zinged, so hard I felt it all the way across the Internet. :p
No I didn't. To me it looked like he insulted me and his misquoted sarcasm to me looked like that he was trying to imply that I had claimed the DE was designed to kill people and the M1 Garand wasn't. I just defended myself. Harshly, but I dont take kindly to being accused of being stupid.

Unless Ive got the wrong end of the stick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0