• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Want info on the can't get up from prone issue

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hello everybody,

Every month or so I go through this section on the forums and find people complaining about the unable to standup from prone bug. Where you essentially are prone, then press the button to stand up but immediately afterwards go prone again.

Personally I still cannot get this issue to happen, so I wonder if people can share some information on this issue.

1. Do you use hold or toggle prone
2. How often does it happen to you in a match?
3. Next time you get the issue to happen can you try to remember what you did to go prone (was it sprint to prone, cover prone, did you use the sprint from prone and auto go prone afterwards thing a few times), and where you were lying (slanted surface or something?).
4. Was your ping and connection ok, was the server still performing ok or did a lot of people have high ping (signal that the server is overloaded).

1- Toggle Prone

2- Zero to maybe 10 times extreme, very random and dependent if I am proning a lot. Maybe average of three times a round?

3- All of those except cover prone (don't even know what that is), on flat and slanted surfaces with nothing above me.

4- Almost always played on servers with good ping for everyone, and it happens then too.

-----------------

Happens on stock and custom maps.

Upvote 0
1. Toggle Prone
2. I would say that it happens to me at least once a match.
3. I would also say that it appears pretty randomly, but I think going prone on slanted surfaces and in areas of small space make it worse.
Okay, I was on Commissar's House today and was laying on reasonably flat ground. I was zoomed in down iron sights (i.e. shift zoom) and while being zoomed in I hit the 'W' key to do the sprint from prone and it happened! I tried to do it again but I was unable. So there is that :p, I will put in more info when I can.
4. When this happens the server(s) seem stable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think (for me at least) it's to do with the fact that if you are in prone and you press W and hold shift, it activates that sequence where you can jump straight into prone again from sprinting and no worry about pressing the prone button. Generally what happens is that I didn't depress the prone button fully before starting to sprint, so I let go of the sprint and W key reactively and hence going back into prone, leading me to look like I'm doing pushups. Anyway, this might be a different issue to what you're talking about, but this is my interpretation.

Upvote 0