• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Volume Issues?

TyeckC

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2020
I have followed this game for a while and just got it yesterday seeing as it was on sale. The game is fantastic and I am really enjoying it, but the overall sound is WAY too quiet. I will transition from other games with deafening volume levels and then go to Rising Storm 2 and it will sound like I'm wearing earplugs.

I have tried editing the game's audio config. files in the ROEngine.ini, but with no luck. I wanted to know if any one else was having this issue, and any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Patu.Kuovi

Aug 19, 2007
I do not have this problem nor have I heard any of my friends having problems with the volume.

Morbo513

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2020
I have. A gunshot from 10m away sounds like it's distant. Though the first-person sounds are approrpiately loud. Footsteps and such, grenades bouncing, all sound fine. Just 3p gunshots. I posted about it quite a while ago but it didn't seem to be a common issue. I switched motherboards and get this with 2 different headsets, one 3.5mm and the other USB.

Khrukhru

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 29, 2020
Yes there is a sound problem. Some sounds appear too quiet, also sometimes gunshot sound won't even play... (But it's very rare, happens in 1 out of 5 matches)