• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Verdun Open Beta - WW1 Browser Shooter

Besides having to wait quite a bit for the game to start (15min) it's pretty awesome in my opinion. Really fun to charge the enemy line together with the rest of your team. Maybe I was just lucky but everyone seemed to play very well together as a team.
I agree that it had its moments when I finally got in a game with players, but it needs a lot of work. There are only a couple of guns, the lack of decent resolution textures and lack of anti aliasing really made the game look pretty old. Even so, it managed to keep me fairly entertained for about 20 minutes haha. I had about 40 kills in that time period, so the game is pretty easy -- much like RO2. Shooting and killing isn't hard since there is basically no ironsights sway. Just point and click basically.

That said, it looks like they are trying to incorporate a squad system pretty deeply into the game so I'll be interested to see how that develops.

Upvote 0
i tried ww1 source several months ago, there where like 2 servers with a handful of players, and both seemed to be in the usa. my ping was horrible and my first impressions of the game were not too good. had more fun with battlefield 1918.

verdun is mindless fun in a cool setting, not bad for a browsergame but it feels more like alpha then beta. it has potential though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0