• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Verdun Open Beta - WW1 Browser Shooter

rancenstein

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
Haven't seen a thread about this yet so Verdun is now in Open Beta and playable in the browser. You don't even have to make a account

Its not a really realistic or good looking game for now but atleast its a WW1 game without zombies and demons so maybe someone want to check that out. Matchmaking can take pretty long since there are not many players yet.

http://beta.verdungame.com/

Flogger23m

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2009
Those are amazing graphics for a browser game. It even supports 3D scopes. Does this use the GPU at all? I am unfamiliar with browser games. If it does not require a GPU it would be an excellent game to play on low end laptops.

Jun 20, 2011
Europe
Yeah, it definitely looks quite awesome for a browser game. First impressions sucked though, had to wait like an hour to finally get into a game and then there's two teamkillers, who wouldn't stop tk'ing :(

Forssen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2010
Sweden
Besides having to wait quite a bit for the game to start (15min) it's pretty awesome in my opinion. Really fun to charge the enemy line together with the rest of your team. Maybe I was just lucky but everyone seemed to play very well together as a team.

hockeywarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The RO Elitist's piano bar
www.youtube.com
Besides having to wait quite a bit for the game to start (15min) it's pretty awesome in my opinion. Really fun to charge the enemy line together with the rest of your team. Maybe I was just lucky but everyone seemed to play very well together as a team.
I agree that it had its moments when I finally got in a game with players, but it needs a lot of work. There are only a couple of guns, the lack of decent resolution textures and lack of anti aliasing really made the game look pretty old. Even so, it managed to keep me fairly entertained for about 20 minutes haha. I had about 40 kills in that time period, so the game is pretty easy -- much like RO2. Shooting and killing isn't hard since there is basically no ironsights sway. Just point and click basically.

That said, it looks like they are trying to incorporate a squad system pretty deeply into the game so I'll be interested to see how that develops.

Gamburd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2007
Detroit, MI
There was a Source Mod called WWI Source that was sort of entertaining when I played along with a realism unit called the 3rd Marine Division.

Anyone know whatever became of WWI Source?

If it's still around, you might want to give WWI Source a try also.

Last edited:

tixhal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 6, 2011
Neuschwabenland
i tried ww1 source several months ago, there where like 2 servers with a handful of players, and both seemed to be in the usa. my ping was horrible and my first impressions of the game were not too good. had more fun with battlefield 1918.

verdun is mindless fun in a cool setting, not bad for a browsergame but it feels more like alpha then beta. it has potential though.

Last edited: