• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics upgraded boomstick or doomstick?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Preference?

i've stopped trading up for the doomstick and have just stuck with upgrading the boomstick with an M4 and a med pistol lately.

Also, was the doomstick nerfed? (again?)

Boomstick just feels amazing and its affordability remains one of its strongest attributes imo (along with the obvious spike damage potential).

I think compared to the rest of the options for Support, it's likely the best bang for your buck, which obviously gets better with upgrading.

Boomstick is worthless no matter how much you upgrade it.
That pellet count nerf got it so well that it can't kill big zeds fast enough... and the fact that it holds only 2 shots makes it not really viable against big oncoming herd (+ ammo pool is meh)

And doomstick can't remember if it was nerfed.... not that it needed a nerf, the gun is already broken in a bad way since day 1.
Inconsistent damage up close with all fire... as in you will either hit all the pellets with a good chance of killing the big zed with one shot, or it somehow lands barely anything and now you have a raged sc on your ass.
I honestly can kill a big zed with hz12 faster and more consistently than with doomstick.

Im mostly running with hm301 and m4 these days, with occasional aa12 and m4... hz12 for me kind of fell off the roster (im not even buying it next wave, just upgrading the sg500 and then saving enough to buy hm3)

Reactions: infntnub
Upvote 0
Boomstick is terribly underwhelming compared to what it used to be, but if you adjust expectations to it being a tier 2, it's still a decent value.
Boomstick upgraded to other tiers seems like a lousy value, though, each upgrade only adds 5% damage, and it gets expensive when you add up what you're paying.

Altfire Blast DamageWeightPrice
Boomstick5005kg650D
Boomstick+15256kg1250D
Boomstick+25507kg1950D
Boomstick+35758kg3450D
Doomstick96010kg1500D
Doomstick+1110411kg3000D

Reactions: infntnub
Upvote 0
Strange - it felt really solid last night on Endless. :s

Ammo was the only thing I was a bit concerned about (which you guys also echo here).

I'll re-evaluate based on these statistics, but the doomstick literally doing twice the damage is a given as its alt fire is unleashing more ammo.

The 301 actually felt a bit underwhelming to me, but I would prefer to run with it in my loadout since I like healing without swapping to a pistol.

Upvote 0