• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Updating map on workshop - new filename?

I want to update my map, but I already have enough subscribers and servers hosting the current version that I'm a little nervous to confuse things with an update. I don't want to split the community with two filenames or two workshop pages, and I don't want to cause lots of version mismatches. I should have had a longer beta phase but its too late for that. I get mismatches playing KFO-Foundry-SE, depending on which server I join, and I don't want that for my map.

The way I see it these are the options:
a) update the current file through workshop which will suit subscribers and keep my filename nice and short, but could make it hard for server admins and cause mismatches for people who downloaded the map any other way
b) new filename (KFO-RE1-Mansion-V2.rom), if I go this way CAN I replace the .rom file that is already uploaded to my current workshop page? If so I think this is the best option as there won't be version mismatches? Need confirmation if it works this way though, please!
c) new workshop page, really don't want to have to do that, as it would create a split of players using old/new.

[...]
b) new filename (KFO-RE1-Mansion-V2.rom), if I go this way CAN I replace the .rom file that is already uploaded to my current workshop page? If so I think this is the best option as there won't be version mismatches? Need confirmation if it works this way though, please!
[...]
You can safely upload a new map to your existing workshop page, it will replace the old one on the steam servers. All subscribers will receive this new file, but the old one will neither be overwritten nor deleted on their end.

Upvote 0