• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unlocking Pyro is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so.

But you know, if they recorded all those new lines for the xmas release, it's definitely plausible that they could do some for a female player model. Get the woman who did the lines for the xmas stalker. She could even sound the same and I'd be fine with that. :D

Doesn't the Stalker just whisper? It was probably a man doing the voices. Can you even tell a female whisper from a male whisper?

Upvote 0
I don't want to purchase a game I know I will never play
Then don't. It's entirely up to you.

I did purchase all DLC after all, this is just silly, especially since I find it that firebug will definitely be my favorite class and I have no appropriate character now.
What's wrong with the character you've been using? Just pick a character you like and go with it.

The whole approach here is completely nonsensical, why merge together 2 completely different games to unlock something(very minute) for one game.
Actually, there are unlocks for TF2 as well. So it's for both games. And they aren't merging the games, they just launched a joint promo. It's really no different than the Shank-and-Spank promo back when Death Spank and Shank were coming out at the same time.

I would never play such a cartoony game as TF2.
I feel sorry for you that you judge an awesome game on such a petty factor... especially when the game isn't cartoony at all, honestly. I mean really, just because there isn't blood and guts everywhere... well... actually, scratch that... just because the graphics aren't realistic doesn't make them cartoony.

Now I'm gonna see that unlocked character skin forever there taunting me.
Aww, baby want his bottle? If it's honestly such a big deal, then get the skins. No where is it written that you need every skin in the game; heck, there isn't even an achievement related to them. See, this is one of those adult things where you need to make a choice and just deal with it. Either buy TF2, or don't. No one is forcing your hand one way or the other except for you.

Upvote 0
Why do you have to purchase Team Fortress 2 to unlock Pyro character?
What does one have to do with the other??

I don't want to purchase a game I know I will never play...I hope this stupidity is only temporary and Pyro will be unlocked soon.

I did purchase all DLC after all, this is just silly, especially since I find it that firebug will definitely be my favorite class and I have no appropriate character now..

Fix this.

It's only cosmetic, you're almost as bad as those tf2 players that buy games for hats.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Doesn't the Stalker just whisper? It was probably a man doing the voices. Can you even tell a female whisper from a male whisper?
Usually it's very hard to distinguish whispers, so you may be right. But now I'm really really curious about who did the voice for the xmas stalker. Maybe someone at TW can clue us in on it. :)

I did not know England was off-limits for Americans.
Huh?

Upvote 0
The pyro's a sweet model and fits into the KF universe pretty well - just a shame TWI couldn't apply Valve's sound files.

Plus Mr. Foster's mask on the Pyro looks even better in TF2! You can't complain about someone giving you another reason to buy TF2 as a gamer, you just can't.

That Indiana Jones character from the Ball, on the other hand... kills the atmosphere for me every time I see him. And of course, anyone who bought that game just to be able to play this character uses him every match.

If you listen to the Xmas Stalker's sound files, they were definitely recorded by a woman.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its funny with all these people complaining about the unlockable skins/models. They are purely cosmetic after all. First we had complains on the Ball character, now this. I have both characters and Im not even using them. (and no I didnt buy TF2 to get pyro, I already had it cause it came with Orange Box which my friend bought for me like 2 years ago)

Upvote 0
You cannot get a TF2 Pyro to travel from his local source engine dimension to the Killing Floor unreal engine dimension if you don't own a TF2 Pyro to begin with. I'm a little sad mine didn't bring his rubber glove hat with him (although in fairness he don't waer it no more since he has his Foster hat :)), but at least he is here.

So yeah get TF2 or it can't ahppen. Not without you at least breaking the laws of space and time... but I hear they punish you big for that.

EDIT: Bloody hell I gotta lay off the sugar before I go to bed... :S

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I almost have to laugh about this.I bought the orange box on a lark years ago.I dont think I have ever even installed tf2.But I have the unlock*wiggles brows*

Gift pass'es expire real quickly I know the only game I have any passes left for is this one.I think you get like a week that the passes are valid for and thats it.

Upvote 0
@ zoey not fitting in because she would have an american accent, because there are no such silly things as foreigners in england, and even if there where they would not survive because the specimens have been specially programmed to target people with accents, that is why zoey does not fit in, either that or americans are no longer allowed in england, why am I even trying to explain this? the concept of someone with a diffirent cultural background and deviating linguistic quirks in a european city is not completely alien is it? is it wrong that I question the logic of claims others made on the internet?! WELL THEN I DO NOT WANT TO BE RIGHT! *@^$%&$@*%(&%*

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.