• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unlocking Pyro is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waryn

Dec 25, 2010
Why do you have to purchase Team Fortress 2 to unlock Pyro character?
What does one have to do with the other??

I don't want to purchase a game I know I will never play...I hope this stupidity is only temporary and Pyro will be unlocked soon.

I did purchase all DLC after all, this is just silly, especially since I find it that firebug will definitely be my favorite class and I have no appropriate character now..

Fix this.

Last edited:

Valve and TWI are good buddies.

I think of it as them giving each other christmas presents. Valve will persuade people to buy KF, while TWI persuades people to buy TF2 and the people who buy it both get great games in return! :)

Upvote 0

I don't want to purchase a game I know I will never play...I hope this stupidity is only temporary and Pyro will be unlocked soon.

I did purchase all DLC after all, this is just silly, especially since I find it that firebug will definitely be my favorite class and I have no appropriate character now..

Fix this.
Why do you HAVE to have the Pyro models? There are 24 other models to choose from, counting Bad Santa and the character from The Ball. What is it about these two models that makes you deserve them for free instead of getting them through the promotion like everyone else?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fix this.

I hope this is a troll.

If not: stay in school. You still have much to learn about how the world works.

Upvote 0
:confused:

... how about the fact that the Pyro is already a TF2 character and was just invited to join the party with us here at KF ?

the Pyro is a gift for those who own TF2, the same way Foster's mask is a gift for the TF2 players who own KF...

I don't want to purchase a game I know I will never play...
Then don't...

Edit (i just HAD to add this...)
You are angry because you are poor and irish. Us gentlemen, not the hatless mob, enjoy our hat simulator and were gifted the Pyro in return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'd kinda assumed this was a rhetorical question, but just in case it isn't... The Pyro is a character FROM TF2. The idea is that, if you own TF2, you can play in KF as one of the TF2 characters. It is just a bit of fun - and a piece of cross-promotion. That simple :)

Upvote 0
Minor nitpick: how does staying in school help with that? :V

I wonder what TWI's relationship is with the people doing the next Tomb Raider game... (bringing up female player characters in KF now that is trolling :p)

Lara Croft in KF would be epic. Just give her dual 9mm and she is set. She is also British, that's a plus.:D

On topic, its not like anyone is forcing you to buy the characters/game. Pick another character you like and just play the game for fun. You are only going to see your gloves after all until you die.

Upvote 0
If you don't want to buy TF2, then forget about getting the Pyro...

If you want the character model THAT bad, then just buy TF2! It's not like it's a $80 game.

Regardless, TF2 is a pretty good game, by any standards.

The whole approach here is completely nonsensical, why merge together 2 completely different games to unlock something(very minute) for one game.
I would never play such a cartoony game as TF2. Now I'm gonna see that unlocked character skin forever there taunting me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0
The whole approach here is completely nonsensical, why merge together 2 completely different games to unlock something(very minute) for one game.
I would never play such a cartoony game as TF2. Now I'm gonna see that unlocked character skin forever there taunting me.

Well, to be honest I'm very sorry you feel that way Waryn.

If you MUST HAVE EVERYTHING UNLOCKED then I suggest you buy TF2 and save yourself the frustration of having to see that greyed out Pyro from TF2.

If you don't like TF2, then forget about the Pyro.

If you really want the skin though, pay the money for the skin.

It makes total sense :D.

Upvote 0
So I guess he missed out on the BALL character then too. being poor and all. and really why not play as mr. foster instead. not like the pyro is anything special.

Now for the sensible guys posting, There are females in the KF mod. idk why the next pack couldnt be four of the fairer sex. and maybe another Cross promo with Valve and l4d Franchise? Zoey and Say the KF crossbow or M14. Lara Croft isnt a bad idea either or a lara'esq KF player.

Upvote 0
So I guess he missed out on the BALL character then too. being poor and all. and really why not play as mr. foster instead. not like the pyro is anything special.

Now for the sensible guys posting, There are females in the KF mod. idk why the next pack couldnt be four of the fairer sex. and maybe another Cross promo with Valve and l4d Franchise? Zoey and Say the KF crossbow or M14. Lara Croft isnt a bad idea either or a lara'esq KF player.
I'd love to see Zoey or LC in KF. But Zoey has an American accent and wouldn't really fit in with the other voices. Unless they just gave her the one they use for Indiana Jones and Mr. Foster. I'd actually like that. D:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.