• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Unable to get Queen of the Ocean trophy while having all zones at 100% [PS4]

xoca

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
Category: code

Reproducibility: Probably reproducable - didn't try as it requires to go through the whole game again

Summary: If you all zones at 100% before the final boss battle, the trophy will not trigger when you finish the boss.

Description: I made sure I completed everything before the final battle. When I finished the battle I got all the missing trophies except the "Queen of the Ocean". After the credits it showed the game stats as 100% on every zone but I never got the trophy, even after getting in the game again and restarting.
My guess is that the game doesn't check for the achivment at the end of the final boss (or the check happens before the completion status updates) and, since there is nothing else to collect, there isn't a way to trigger the check again when I get back in the game.
I was playing on a PS4 Pro.

Other bugs:
  • The FPS drops happen fequently on PS4 Pro too, and mine is "Optimized for FPS", not graphics - Happens mostly on fast paced combat and over the water (more assets visible)
  • I got 3 crashes while playing the game in different sections of the game (Submited report through the PS4 for all of them)
  • Got pushed out of bounds through the net on the edge of "The Gulf" by an Orca's grab attack. Was able to explore the empines a bit and swim under the different zones until I got an error and the game crashed

Online/Offline: Offline

This is one of the known issues we are currently investigating. You can find a list of those here https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/maneater-known-issues-psa.2335719/ .
This is actually a completely separate bug for the same trophy. I have 100% in all zones, have opened the 3 gates, definitely am not missing any landmarks or other collectibles, but like the OP I got everything 100% prior to finishing the final boss. Others have confirmed that right now it's necessary to save at least one thing for after defeating the final boss so that you can trigger the trophy afterward, because the final boss will not trigger the trophy if that's the last thing you need to get 100%. I'm thinking the easiest way to hotfix this is to add in an extra collectible that only becomes available after finishing the final quest, this way people who are already stuck can get it without having to restart from the beginning as well as preventing it from happening to new players.

Upvote 0
This is actually a completely separate bug for the same trophy. I have 100% in all zones, have opened the 3 gates, definitely am not missing any landmarks or other collectibles, but like the OP I got everything 100% prior to finishing the final boss. Others have confirmed that right now it's necessary to save at least one thing for after defeating the final boss so that you can trigger the trophy afterward, because the final boss will not trigger the trophy if that's the last thing you need to get 100%. I'm thinking the easiest way to hotfix this is to add in an extra collectible that only becomes available after finishing the final quest, this way people who are already stuck can get it without having to restart from the beginning as well as preventing it from happening to new players.

Had the same thing happen to me. Your solution to the problem would be a perfect way to allow people who already 100%ed the game to get the achievement/trophy without having to play the entire game again.

Upvote 0
I also am having the same problem. I made the mistake of getting 100% in all areas prior to finished the last Scaly Pete mission. I have all collectibles, all Evolutions, level 10 infamy, all missions complete, and all grates and gates finished. I am stuck at 99% story complete, with Queen of the Ocean as the last trophy I need to get the platinum.

Upvote 0