• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Twisted Christmas Opt-In Beta - How To and Changelog

Myrkr;n2310172 said:
Feed back on the new krampus fight: Number of Clots simultanious spawns is too damn high, on hard we had 80 or so charging into the map from single points, and others coming in, in similarly large numbers, from other points on the map, combine that with the new bloat king's spawned green dudes and it makes for being unable to make anything at all out for a good while.

Also: forgot to mention dosh vault for seasonal rewards doesn't seem to be working, qq my Dosh Vult
i just did cranium cracker solo and didn't get any vault dosh

Last edited:
Upvote 0
3xNfnWWl.jpg

Upvote 0
The map has a nice atmosphere but is a little too narrow and cramped in some spots with too many places the zeds can approach from. This seems to be the theme of all the recent official maps. I really dislike the new sights on the medic weapons. All they do is block your view. No offense but why would you change something that no one asked for or had a problem with? Can I have my dot back please, or an option to switch between the two?

The Christmas zed voices are 10/10 amazing. They have the perfect mix of creepiness and comedy. Whoever recorded these did an incredible job and I wish the normal zeds sounded like this. I think it was a gorefast who said something like, "I was just talking about you" and I lost my ****. Reminded me of the weird stuff zeds would say in KF1.

I have mixed feelings on the new boss. He's awesome looking and sounds great but the mechanics of the fight are annoying.

Upvote 0
thing about the 'consumption' thing he does, it's kinda game breaking, it's pretty much a 1 hit kill, cause when he spits you back out finally, your stuck in place and sometimes spat back out in places you shouldn't be able to get too, and/or surrounded with so many zeds you die in less than a second.

Upvote 0
Damn, I love the Christmas music. Absolutely spot on. UMP 45 feels great, as does the freezethrower. I'm gonna be sad for the Christmas skins to go. The freezethrower is super cool, but the fact that it's exclusive to survivalist just ruins it for me. Could you pretty please with a cherry on top make it compatible with firebug?

Upvote 0
Tefaan;n2310442 said:
The freezethrower for the Sharpshooter...? Can't be any more wrong... I'd understand it if the Firebug gets to play with it but the Sharpshooter? No... just no...

He might just have mentioned that because SS has cryo grenades.. in anycase, I think these types of weapons should be more based on a 'scientist' type of class in the future. Survivalist just seems like the leftover for weapons, when they can't in any way apply to any other class.

Like what if they add some sort of chemical-thrower that desolves zeds or some sort of plasma beam assault rifle? Would certainly like to keep modern day guns to perk classes and have these sci-fi weapons to a main 'horzine experimenter' class, which other perks can cross-perk from as well if anything.

Upvote 0
NOD;n2310451 said:
He might just have mentioned that because SS has cryo grenades.. in anycase, I think these types of weapons should be more based on a 'scientist' type of class in the future. Survivalist just seems like the leftover for weapons, when they can't in any way apply to any other class. [...]

That's what I guessed but it still makes no sense.

But I'd like to see some scientist perk too with the chemical-thrower and such. Sounds interesting. But don't make it just another rifle or thrower. Make it have different effects.

Upvote 0
Veny;n2310464 said:
Yeah, we need some elementalist class that would have cryo, fire, acid (bloat bile XD ) and electric (damn i believe TW would come with awesome effects) weapons.

I don't know whether you played KF1 or not but there we had the bloat bile thrower. It distracted the zeds so they'd think the Bloat attacked them. It was a bit buggy but I'm still waiting for it's come back in a way or another actually. :D

Ahh... I hope for so much more interesting gear / weapons / perks. But as far as I read there are "only" a few major updates planned for the next year. So I guess there won't be too many options for new stuff. Not that I'm not satisfied with the arsenal we have right now but I love the diversity of the perks and their weapons and their different play style. I think there won't be any new perks... too bad. But rather more gameplay changing features like an objective mode or more tools. Maybe when they make enough Dosh of KF2 they will provide us with additional features but a whole new perk + it's weapons is a big change which you have to plan a few months for I guess (I'd even pay for perks and weapons). And the plans are already made for a year. So... let's see what they'll provide us with.

Ideas for a new perk could be: Scientist, Martial Artist / Ninja, Shocktrooper (Electric), Maybe a Cyborg which upgrades it's character, Phantom perk (which could transform into zeds), Cryo perk just to mention a few...

Anyway, I love the new content! The freezethrower is that kind of a weapon I love! It's different from the usual pew pew guns.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
I don't know whether you played KF1 or not but there we had the bloat bile thrower. It distracted the zeds so they'd think the Bloat attacked them. It was a bit buggy but I'm still waiting for it's come back in a way or another actually. :D

This version works fairly well and will leave bile landmines that do damage also.
You can try a KF2 version in this workshop weapon mod gunz

3A2D2A3124DEECC8B001AE0C39A114AFDC803F39

Last edited:
Upvote 0