• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design TWI's Crucible Custom Map Server: Event Schedule

:)

I'm going to try a short term experiment. While Crucible continues to be a popular server the current interest in OGG events has kind of gone flat.

We also have nearly forty custom maps. A list that size each session can be
almost over-choice. So... until the new update is released I'm going to split the
list into two groups of 19 assorted custom maps to be rotated daily.

This should reduce the number of choices to read through each session but still
include enough variety to make folks happy.

We'll see how it goes.

Best wishes,

Sajer

Upvote 0

Yeah. When I started this gig, I was told that after some period of time I might be granted the ability to announce the events in a broadcast on my own without relying on TWI staff. But that option has not yet come about. I'm not really concerned about the success of the server. The public participation is good. And I suspect things will get a lot better if the new update can get us to the point where new map versions needn't be re-cooked. Till then, I'm trying to see if I can do a little to make Crucible more attractive.

Upvote 0
It's a shame there's no ingame announcement banner, hardly anyone reads these forums

We are looking at getting some sort of news system into the game in the future. We also feel it would be a better way to reach players currently in-game. (We have toned down the amount of Official Game Group postings as we saw a decline in player responsiveness to them if they were too frequent.)

Upvote 0

Now that the dust has settled from the update, and since I have most of the customs re-brewed, I've been tossing the idea of a weekly Crucible event again.

What could it hurt?

What I'm thinking of is this:

I'll try Saturdays, 1pm EST. This will correlate to 2pm EST and about what?
7pm U.K. time?

Those that are home should be able to indulge.

I'll try a two hour time frame during which one or perhaps two custom maps will be featured.

This should be simple & fun for folks to indulge in. We've got about 24
custom maps now to choose from.

I will make announcements here at least 24 hours in advance.

Any thoughts pro or con?

Last edited:
Upvote 0