• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design TWI's Crucible Custom Map Server: Event Schedule

:)

It's the end of another good week and I'll point out that Crucible has moved up on GT from 73rd to 53rd in about 14 days. The new maps have been great, but the real thanks goes to the pubbies and regulars who are now instrumental in making this server stick to the wall. The thing that has changed most is the fact that over the last two months Crucible public participation has gone from good participation over a 24 hr period to steady participation over a 24 hr period. There is now almost always at least a couple of folks on the server almost round the clock. I'm seeing much better average numbers during North American daytime, and similar numbers between midnight and dawn. This suggests participation from Eastern Europe and Russia and China. I'm very grateful, and will continue to provide a full list of current custom maps from every source.

Best wishes,

Upvote 0
Crucible had improved redirect service.

Crucible had improved redirect service.

I was recently informed that TWI's Crucible now has mirrored redirect servers on both side of the Atlantic. The intent is to increase download speed for custom maps. So those in the EU or elsewhere will hopefully see some measure of download improvement.

Please stop by and play as many of our dozens of custom maps as you wish.

Upvote 0
:cool:

Please forgive me for the short notice. I've been authorized to make an announcement regarding the TE-Barrakady map. TWI has announced their intention to do a full release as content on the beta after some testing and polishing. To that end, tomorrow Sunday Oct 11th, 2pm EST, the map will be exclusively featured on TWI's Crucible for playtesting. It will be up for at least a couple hours or longer if sustained interest goes further. Participants are encouraged to record videos while playing for later review. Tripwire
will provide a drop box link where these can uploaded later. I also encourage players to post any after event observations in the forum in the RO2/RS Modifications/beta map releases/TE-Barrakady thread. Please play honorably with the primary focus on putting the map through it's paces. I hope to see as many of you as possible. Thanks.
Here is a drop link for any play videos which folks may contribute: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ykp948h785oavgm/AADteK15s53h-If2oZ9CRX7_a?dl=0

Best wishes,
Sajer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's try this again Oct 18th TE-BarrakadyFactory

Let's try this again Oct 18th TE-BarrakadyFactory

Although I haven't heard back from TWI regarding the map development, I feel it might be worthwhile to run a map event again for TE-BarrakadyFactory. We really need to try to get more folks in game to get a sense of how the map really behaves. I'll reduce the number of bots as well. So I'm going to try it again on Sunday Oct 18, 2pm EST on TWI's Crucible. Now that folks know that the purpose is "final polish," perhaps we can again invite a few folks to upload in-game videos to the link provided.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ykp948h785oavgm/AADteK15s53h-If2oZ9CRX7_a?dl=0
Best wishes,

Upvote 0