• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI's biggest mistake

Yeah I thought it was cool when someone called it a bruise but if he's going to be slashing me then bruise might not be appropriate.

That was me lol

I don't care that much about what the zeds are called. But I think a name like Slasher is too easy. Names like Gorefast and Fleshpound and odd ones like Scrake are great, but... Slasher? C'mooon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For a second I thought the "Slasher" was the Gorefast until this title showed up for it.

For another second I thought the "Slasher" is going to replace the Gorefast.

For a second looking at the first post I thought we have some whiner.

For another second I reconsidered. Slasher isn't very clever... or creative.

For me however it doesn't matter what it is called as long as this nomination makes sense like for example Clot - The bloody weak but annoying grabbing specimen. Or the Gorefast - A fast charging madman, which will gore everyone fast.

EDIT: I don't see how this is becoming TW's biggest mistake. Their biggest mistake is (hopefully not) to come. Region lock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I kinda have to agree that "slasher" is kinda silly/common name. but It doesn't bother me too much.

when I first heard the name I imidiatly thought. Charizard!! Slash attack and this guy xD

671750-slash.jpg

Upvote 0
The TWI's biggest mistake is that they tried to attract (and please) the casual AAA players rather than supporting their core player base.
Ehhh you hardcore players... You forget that TWI is a company that runs a business by selling games. Not a surprise to me they want to reach more players.

Names like Gorefast and Fleshpound and odd ones like Scrake are great, but... Slasher? C'mooon.
They are excellent indeed.
Maybe Slasher could be called Separator? He could "separate" your limbs and head from the torso :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
twi biggest mistake was turning this unique london 28 days later atmosphere into another left4dead with characters that are the twi equivalent of tf2 hats.

If this reposts I'm sorry, internet messed up.

Saying TWI made a mistake is kind of an arrogant and closed minded perception considering the game is not even released.

Your opinion is that the game should be different from the way you think it is going to be.

Don't underestimate the power of the modding community. I'm sure there are other people that feel similar to the way you do. And heck, I would enjoy a bit more horror element infused into the KF series, but honestly, I have no idea if it's going to be there or not. Don't sweat it man. Modders will have so much fun with this, I look forward to seeing all the cool stuff people do for this series and I think TWI deserves the benefit of the doubt considering the countless hours of joy they have created and will continue to create for us, myself included. :)

Upvote 0