• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI's biggest mistake

Dub

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
You named the new enemy with the spikes on his arms, the 'slasher.'

Come on Tripwire. You got the Clot, the Cyst, and the "SLASHER"? You fools. This is obviously the biggest and most tragic problem with the game.

(seriously the Slasher should have been named the Bruise. Cyst, Clot and the Bruise. Bodily functions, Bi*ch!)

Last edited:
bruise isnt very intimidating and would better suite an enemy geared towards killing with blunt force, I.E. mutated giant tumorous calloused hands. i wouldn't have picked slasher, because of the gorefast, who's visibly alot... slashier. besides, fleshpound, skrake, husk, not really bodily function related. or the invisi-*****es, but i cant remember their name, they've always been referred to that name by my friends and I. along the lines of bodily things, "fractures" could work. their spikes are reminiscent of broken limb with bone protruding.

Upvote 0
Why not go even further ; Zits , Pimples , Pores and Acne to name a few.
Because those are battletoads.

Speaking of recaps we have
- Clot
- Cyst
- Slasher
- Gorefast
- Crawler
- possibly a new crawler like specimen.
- Bloat
- Siren? (I still dont know about this)
- Fleshpound
- Patriarch

wow thats 10 already! Cant wait to see how the last 3 originals will look like.
Maybe even the 4 KFMod zeds could come back?

Upvote 0
hE14D8BB5

Upvote 0
I totally agree with what OP has to say... but at the same time, I'm having trouble coming up with a suitable alternative.

The first thing that came to mind was "Spiker" or "Spiked" or something terrible like that. I think we'll need to see gameplay of the lil' guy first to come up with a replacement name... if Tripwire would even be open to changing its name.

Who knows? Maybe those spikes pop out of its skin to make blades, so then the Slasher would be an appropriate enough name.

Upvote 0
Because those are battletoads.

Speaking of recaps we have
- Clot
- Cyst
- Slasher
- Gorefast
- Crawler
- possibly a new crawler like specimen.
- Bloat
- Siren? (I still dont know about this)
- Fleshpound
- Patriarch

wow thats 10 already! Cant wait to see how the last 3 originals will look like.
Maybe even the 4 KFMod zeds could come back?
The "crawler like"... IT'S NOT A NEW SPECIMEN!! It's simply a crawler...

Upvote 0
Hmmm, judging from the very long, muscular arms ending in sharp talons I get the feeling Slasher's name will make more sense the first time you get in arm's reach of one.

I pre-emptively feel sorry for all the Berzerkers who are going to mistake one for a clot or cyst in the heat of the moment and find out the hard way they were standing just a foot too close. ;)

... Actually, if they could swap the names of the Slasher and the Gorefast it'd probably make more sense, but that would confuse the heck out of every KF1 player. :p

Upvote 0