• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC TWI Please fix the "every setting lost" when disconnected to the internet

Fr0stPh03niX

Nov 22, 2015
As the title says, I hope TWI addresses this bug before the game even goes liive. Currently if you lose connection the internet for some reason, every setting, game options and cosmetics in the game is reset to default values (except for the controls I think). This is seriously annoying because sometimes if I face ping issues or my internet has been disconnected for a brief moment of time, every value in the game gets resetted to default.

Hmmm sometime just reconnecting to steam work fine.
Well it worked for me.
It probly save over if you try to put them back or something.
But yes it is very annoying has you either have to know. Or to have found a way against it. They could make a dump folder that save your preset that wouldn't be affected by steam unless asked to. An automated one would probly be harder to do.

Cause all it would do is copying setting folder elsewhere and get it back by a click.
The issue would be when to autosave that preset.
2 button could probly do that ... But yeh. It's not the best. Only a quick fix idea.

The other 1 is do it manualy. take your preset copy it to another folder either in this 1 or out.

Though luck with that..

Upvote 0
Yet while speak on the subject. We can help them find a solution on the ignored bug in question.
It's just a way of seeing thing. Nah comprenhention in all its form and what can be done in, on the matter.

It's not ignored technicly. Its more a it's weird issue with the whole online auto save question. And thats like flys that keeps coming back. You know the season, you know where you'll find them. They're an annoying bunch. You'd love to solve the problem. But if the only one you find is drying the river to kill all the flys and whatever faune and flore there is next to it. You won't want to do that.

It could be called tho for those who do not know about it, that is sooo very usefull.
But it like its spring and hotels!:
-Come to are vacation hotel! We have an outside heated waterpool for all who are interested. Don't forget that it's spring. Here are the documentation on the whole subject for those who wish to know :"Spring season". The documentation reflection on all the surfacing problem occured in the season mosquitos bites...

You know something prevention/ on the side note/ compromise/ taking the matter at end/ and the like "turning in circle here". Until we mark the spot to know where we got lost...

Good day.

Upvote 0