• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire?! Have you ever played BiA: Hell's Higway?

x000x

Sep 28, 2011
Hey, Tripwire,
have you ever played Brothers in Arms: Hell's Higway?
And before you ask me "What is this?!?", i'll give you the answer:

Brothers in Arms Hells Higway is WW2 First-Person Shooter with tactical elements.

Game, that looks great and runs great, even on old PC's.
Game with great singleplayer campaign, and good AI.
Game with great multiplayer (still alive!), without tons of bugs and glitches.
Game with better control and cover system.

So, if you never played Hell's Higway, do it now!
And fix your ****** **** game...before it's too late.
Thank you!

Hey, Tripwire,

Brothers in Arms Hells Higway is WW2 First-Person Shooter with tactical elements.

Thank you!

/delete

Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
Do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
Hey, Tripwire,

Thank you!

* Game, that looks great and runs great, even on old PC's.- I have a Ati Radeon HD 3800 and i play everything on Ultra without lag.
* Game with great singleplayer campaign, and good AI. - A.I. could be better, but it's good enough. Singleplayer is training for Multiplayer, TW mentioned that many times.
* Game with great multiplayer (still alive!), without tons of bugs and glitches. - Multiplayer is dead in BIA:HH. Way too many bugs. If you don't believe me, i would have 1 hours of video showing the bugs in Multiplayer.
* Game with better control and cover system. - The cover system in RO2 is the smoothest and best cover system i have ever seen.

''And fix your ****** **** game...before it's too late.''
I suggest leaving this forum immediately before it's too late.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BIA Road to Hill 30 was a very enjoyable game. Not a great game, but very enjoyable and the SP had fantastic plot, dialogue and characterisation. One of the first to show real attention to detail in modelling real-world settings for the maps. Using Cl. John Antal as military advisor was a very shrewd move.

Hell's Highway had terrible corridor-fest SP and a ridiculous MP system where you gave orders to player characters and hoped they would follow them: it never took off.

People tend to think the forthcoming derpfest Inglorious Basterds rip off will kill the franchise. Truth is, the third game already did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wasn't that the game where it switched to third-person when you went for cover? The screen turned all red to indicate "dangerous areas" and all enemies have large red blobs above their heads so that you don't have to guess how suppressed they are? :/ and then there was "COOL" slow-mo effects when you managed to score something like a headshot, lol

A friend of mine also showed me some SP-mission where the whole squad went back into a bomb-raided city to save a girl or something incredibly silly like that... And the tank-gameplay just smelled Battlefield 1942, just ALOT easier (uyeah like in your Sherman could take and survive directs hits from 88mm guns...)

Have only seen SP, but judging from that it didn't look that promising really. Remeber seeing it in the sales buckets something like a month after release... It tried to appeal to both the CoD-crowd and the hardcore realism-fans - what it did with that attempted morph was to scare away both crowds!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like RO2 better, but the cover system in BiA is actually better than RO2's. More elegantly done, more reliable too.

---

Uses the same graphics engine as RO2 if I'm not mistaken. I still have this on my hard drive and it holds up well in looks and playability even though it's a few years old now. I hope there will be another game in the series somewhere down the line.

Upvote 0
Wasn't that the game where it switched to third-person when you went for cover? The screen turned all red to indicate "dangerous areas" and all enemies have large red blobs above their heads so that you don't have to guess how suppressed they are? :/ and then there was "COOL" slow-mo effects when you managed to score something like a headshot, lol

A friend of mine also showed me some SP-mission where the whole squad went back into a bomb-raided city to save a girl or something incredibly silly like that... And the tank-gameplay just smelled Battlefield 1942, just ALOT easier (uyeah like in your Sherman could take and survive directs hits from 88mm guns...)

Have only seen SP, but judging from that it didn't look that promising really. Remeber seeing it in the sales buckets something like a month after release... It tried to appeal to both the CoD-crowd and the hardcore realism-fans - what it did with that attempted morph was to scare away both crowds!

In its defence you are trashing it without having actually played it from what I can gather.

The only time it switches to third person is when using cover, even then it returns to first person when using Iron sights.

I've never seen the 'red areas' you describe and the 'red blobs' you mention are suppression icons which can be turned off along with just about any other aids including cross-hairs. The slo-mo you mention can also be turned off. It is actually quite nice though when you pull off a decent head shot or grenade kill.

The story line is not bad but I think the game is still excellent gameplay and looks wise. I run it at 2560x1440 res with 16xAA on a medium spec rig and it is always pegged at the V-sync 60fps. IMO it is as good looking as RO2 on some levels.

The tanking in BIA HH is only a very small part of the game. Probably about one ten minute mission iirc. Admittedly it wasn't done that well and I think the devs probably knew that and it only plays a small part in the game.

I still go back to BIA HH fairly regularly as there is a pretty good tactical element and there are some great firefights during some of the missions. The AI is respectable as well and will try to outflank you given the opportunity.

It's a pretty slick game that was released virtually bug free. If you do find it in the bargain bucket, pick it up, it's well worth it imo.

Upvote 0
Pffffffffff brothers in arms ..............bah

I remember me when the first came out and the publisher said, new system, new bla bla bla and. The trailers looked good. But what you see isn`t in the game. That game had the destination of the trashcan.

I have to say that I find that just about everyone of your posts has a really sh*tty acidic tone. You don't sound a very happy bunny! :D Maybe you should lighten up or just get out a bit more. ;)

Upvote 0
In its defence you are trashing it without having actually played it from what I can gather.

The only time it switches to third person is when using cover, even then it returns to first person when using Iron sights.

I've never seen the 'red areas' you describe and the 'red blobs' you mention are suppression icons which can be turned off along with just about any other aids including cross-hairs. The slo-mo you mention can also be turned off. It is actually quite nice though when you pull off a decent head shot or grenade kill.

The story line is not bad but I think the game is still excellent gameplay and looks wise. I run it at 2560x1440 res with 16xAA on a medium spec rig and it is always pegged at the V-sync 60fps. IMO it is as good looking as RO2 on some levels.

The tanking in BIA HH is only a very small part of the game. Probably about one ten minute mission iirc. Admittedly it wasn't done that well and I think the devs probably knew that and it only plays a small part in the game.

I still go back to BIA HH fairly regularly as there is a pretty good tactical element and there are some great firefights during some of the missions. The AI is respectable as well and will try to outflank you given the opportunity.

It's a pretty slick game that was released virtually bug free. If you do find it in the bargain bucket, pick it up, it's well worth it imo.
No I havn't played it, but yes I have judged it from those things I saw. All of that was enough to put me away from it, sadly enough. I had high hopes from the first trailers and walkthroughs but seeing the finished product and hearing my friends verdicts made me loose interest.

Hearing that things like the suppression icon and slow-mo stuff can be turned of sounds nice, but I've still heard that MP is quite chaotic and that SP is repetetive (I played the first two games, so I'm pretty sure I know why) with a story overburdened by quite stupid Hollywoodesque moments (aside from saving some girl from a burning city, wasn't there a sequence where you as a sniper saved a little boy running from hordes of evil Germanz?). Heard all this from friends who just like me had high hopes of an authentic and realistic experience, and where unlucky enough to buy it before I got the chance.

Aside from the bug-free release, what else should we learn from such a different game? That was my point. OP just said that everything about it was "great" - I recollected some stuff that to me was proved that it was not that great (judging fast and unfair, maybe, but still don't see what Tripwire can learn from a game obviously focused on cinematic singleplayer).

Upvote 0