• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trader Favorite Button Doesn't Work

pie1055

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Bedlam
"Favoriting" weapons doesn't seem to work for me. I select a weapon in the buy section, click the "Favorite" button (which then changes to "Un-Favorite") but it doesn't show up in the favorites tab. I've also tried other methods such as exiting the trader or buying the weapon after clicking the button, but to no avail. Did a few searches, couldn't find anyone else with this issue. Am I missing something, or is this really borked? :confused:

What is it even supposed to do in the first place (if it worked as intended)?

There is a star icon in the top in trader menu selection. That's where the weapons go after you favourite them, so you have easier access.

Right now it does not work on dedicated servers (don't know about listen servers), so if you want to do favourites, do it in solo on testmap.

Upvote 0
There is a star icon in the top in trader menu selection. That's where the weapons go after you favourite them, so you have easier access.

Right now it does not work on dedicated servers (don't know about listen servers), so if you want to do favourites, do it in solo on testmap.

Does that mean you can favourite it in single player and then use the favourite tab in the shop menu in multiplayer?

Upvote 0
I miss the all weapon list option that was in original custom buy menu. TWI always have to fix what's not broken and now we have fav system that doesn't work properly.
They did this with specimen kill messages too and made it worse.

This was easily one of the most asked things for TWI to do to the game, due to how cluttered the Trader menu was becoming. It's not really that difficult to get used to.

Upvote 0
You have all comepletely missed the points in my post.
It's not that I don't like the changes to the trader menu, I love them, I loved custom buy menu as a mut and support its integration fully. I'm 100% 'used to it'.

What I was complaining about was the lack of the full weapon list OPTION that existed when it was still a mutator.
The reason I want it is because of when you've got your main loadout and you've got a bit of space & dosh you can simply look at the whole list and spot what is available for purchase rather than one by one switching through each perk to see what's available then forgetting what was available by the time you're done.
Also, I'm aware that the fav system 'works', but if you have to play solo to make changes to the list then it doesn't work PROPERLY.

I've highlighted the key words that you missed last time, so hopefully you can understand what I'm saying.

Upvote 0
What I was complaining about was the lack of the full weapon list OPTION that existed when it was still a mutator.
Ah, alright, I see now.
That's a good point. A lot of us had gotten so used to managing the full list, that this new setup sort of takes away functionality we'd adapted to.
I had buying my favorite off-perk weapons down to muscle memory.

Also, I'm aware that the fav system 'works', but if you have to play solo to make changes to the list then it doesn't work PROPERLY.
This is true. Saying you should do it in solo wasn't meant to mean that you shouldn't complain that it doesn't work in multiplayer, since that is a legitimate bug that needs fixing, but rather it was to offer a temporary solution for you until the bug is patched.

Upvote 0
I really like the new system. Only quibble is that the favourites thing seems to be a bit redundant (once you've favourited a couple of weapons per class, your favourites are looking more cluttered than the class list), but hey, I can quite easily just find my weapons by class instead.
Thumbs up from me :D

Upvote 0