• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Tips & Tactics + Perk info

Katana and AK47 info updated, based on my few hours of experience I had last night. I might rewrite some of it in a couple days.

Some general tips for KF_Foundry are still being gathered as I have only played the map once so far.

I'm considering adding a general tactics section with tactics like funneling which is mentioned by other people in a few previous posts as well as a few other tactics that work on most maps.

Upvote 0
Just got back to the game and there are lots of new goodies.
I will try to update my guide over the next week.

Since the addition of some new weapons, some perks also got some new bonusses (like the one for the medi gun on the medic perk)
If anyone has any info about perks level 0 to 4 that are currently not updated yet in my guide, then please post here or send me a PM.

Edit 1 (25/10/09)
Perk info updated. Some info still missing. It's marked in green. PM me or post here if you have info.
Perk tips added for Demolitions as well as some perk tips adjusted for the other perks.

Edit 2 (26/10/09)
Added tactics for Camping, Funneling and Roaming under chapter 1.
Some minor tweaks and spelling fixes done on the existing guide.
Added info for the Husk.
Tweaked the existing map tips & tactics a bit.

Edit 3 (27/10/09)
Added tips for Foundry, Bedlam and Wyre.

Edit 4 (28/10/09)
Trader info for weapons from "Level Up" patch added.
Some minor tweaks to the existing weapons info.

Edit 5 (29/10/09)
Tips added for all weapons except the M79, M32 and Pipebomb. They will follow soon.
Fast level tips added for Demolitions and updated for all other perks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just some tips for leveling alone the demolitions perk. I suggest to do with a 5-6 support lvl just for the increased weight and the free weapon. Clots, and bloats. Why add clots? Because usually takes several grenade shots to go down, so you will ran out of ammo. 1 wave, use the shotgun. Just refill ammo shotgun, not armor or nades. 2nd wave too, ifm you cannot afford the M79. DON'T sell the pump shotgun, if you got the hunting, sell it and buy the pump shotgun (this ammo is way cheaper, but effective to that kind of specimens)Wave 3, change to demoman temporally to be able to afford M79. Use hit-and-run tactic, ut from far. Shoot with M79, change to knifeand run to a safe distance. Shoot to groups of clots/bloats with M79. If you shot 2 times a bloat and dont die with the nades, dont waste a 3rd nade, use the shotgun. Also switch to shotgun if they are close enought to be blowed with your own nade. Use now some standart grenades if you run out of ammo, this count for perk damage too. Wave 4 if you can afford the revolver nade launcher, throw your shotgun out of the trader with the key under the Esc, up to the Tab key and left to number 1, buy it, and change to Support again. Take the shotgun and refill your weapons first and later standart nades. Use the M79, combined with the M32 from far away. Just same as wave 3. Keep going until, at least round 6. Reset and keep going. I do that on Farm normal and hard, easily to do on hard, just to have money and high chance to survive, but in no demo level up, normal could be handful to level up to 1 or even to 2. I just tried to level using that to lvl 3, cos I like to level playin as usual, but to make at last decent to use it I level up it. Some tips: stick to the roads around you spam, beause you could see them and throw the nades better. If they get close use your pump shotgun, and run away. If you have some extra bucks buy the armor, it could save you. This are some basic guidelines, I didn,t try different tactics, I just think a lityle and play as usual, so A)No warranties to be good B)If any tries stickng to it and verify that, please, let us know it. Greetings from Spain ^^

Upvote 0
Another fast way to level up your medic perk is to get another medic friend (preferably level 4 and above, assuming you are too), and start a normal or hard map, with only clots.

Kill all of them except around 4, and let 2 hit you, and the other 2 your friend. After that, just continuously heal each other.

I had no one to try it with, but I've seen it before. Level 6 medic in say, 3-4 hours? Maybe less.

Upvote 0
I prefer militarystronghold for bloat mutator leveling when damage dealt is required. You can grab a shotgun and bullpup right off the bat. After first wave sell them for the weapon for the perk you are working on. You have plenty of room to move around. Kite and kill. They take a lot of damage to kill so leveling is pretty quick.

Upvote 0
Is there a quicker way to level berserkers? It's easy, but boy is it tedious. I'm playing the game in a window and standing in KF-office holding down the fire button (which I made even easier by assigning a keyboard button to, lol). I'm watching a movie at the same time as well. It can't be any more of a grind.

Is there a way to bind a key to keep repeating primary fire for the katana?

I've found that using the chainsaw also makes it incredibly easy, but I'm not sure if you get less melee damage out of it since you can't really overkill with it. The zeds drop as soon as they hit 0 health.`

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello Knight,

Have not had the time to read everything yet, but I did notice something. I Really like all the info in here and am sure I will find a ton of stuff useful.

I am presently working up my commando and am at Lvl 3. I noticed in your perks that you say this:

Level 3:
- 30% more damage with Bullpup/AK47/SCAR
- 20% less recoil with Bullpup/AK47/SCAR
- 25% larger Bullpup/AK47/SCAR clip
- 20% faster reload with all weapons
- 40% discount on Bullpup/AK47/SCAR
- Can see cloaked Stalkers from 12m
- Can see enemy health from 10m
- Zed-Time can be extended by killing an enemy while in slow motion
Requirements:
Kill 350 stalkers with Bullpup/AK47/SCAR
Deal 500.000 damage with Bullpup/AK47/SCAR

Everything looks the same for me in game with the exception of requirements. I just wanted to point this out so it can be changed to reflect the correct ammount. In game, the actual requirements are like this:

Kill 1.200 stalkers with Bullpup/AK47/SCAR
Deal 1.500.000 damage with Bullpup/AK47/SCAR

Again...this is the correct level up requirements for a Level 3 commando.

Keep up the great work and thanx for the time you have put in to this document.

Upvote 0
Is there a quicker way to level berserkers? It's easy, but boy is it tedious. I'm playing the game in a window and standing in KF-office holding down the fire button (which I made even easier by assigning a keyboard button to, lol). I'm watching a movie at the same time as well. It can't be any more of a grind.

I've found that using the chainsaw also makes it incredibly easy, but I'm not sure if you get less melee damage out of it since you can't really overkill with it. The zeds drop as soon as they hit 0 health.`

Well, when I was at about 4.0 million damage, this is what I did:

Start a solo game on the West London map with Beginner difficulty and the Poundamonium mutator. It's highly suggested that you have Level 6 Sharpshooter so you can take down the first wave easily with head shots. You'll have just under $12,000 after the first wave.

There is a little space where the hotel sign is. Back up into there and do your primary attack. You can easily survive the damage taken by the Fleshpounders when you are at full health and armor because you're in a tight space and the Berserker perk is powerful enough at Level 4. The fleshpounders will bunch up and basically get stuck on themselves allowing you to just move up and hammer at them without having to worry too much. Every once in a while two fleshpounders will get into the space at once, but it's a short fight.

Play all 10 waves and skip the Patriarch as it's pathetically easier to kill the Patriarch than the fleshpounders. But if you want, you can do three alternate attacks on the Patriarch and he'll be dead. Repeat until Level 6.

I can't give you an approximate time but reasonably expect to go from Level 4 to Level 6 within 8 hours of solid grinding. I was always on Skype talking to friends so the time passed by very quickly for me. Watching a movie is probably a good plan.

Also, don't use the Chainsaw. The Katana/primary fire is the best way to go.

Upvote 0
Well, demo leveling could be done in a day or so, just join to an easy poundamonium server, with any perk in lvl 5-6 sharpshooter or sup. specs. in lvl 6 are the best. Turn map in a minefield, and buy the M32, M74, 9mm ammo (if they get close... better than nothing) and armor after the 1st wave (you get tons of money so you usually can afford it) And in second round with your teammates and you using it, you start to increase your damage incredible fast. Just spam M32 rounds in them, and pipebombs will save you when you aare recharging, but you have time to do it. I do it in doom2 remake map, with lvl 2 demo, and in less than a day i've got to lvl 6 . I put pipeboms where they spawn, so you can blow off a bunch of them with 1-2 pipeboms. If you get killed by your own pipeboms dont worry, keep turning map into a minefield. This gets tons of explosive damage. Greetings and sorry about the untidy post!

Upvote 0
I just played Beginner Poundamonium as a Berserker Lv3. I was the last one alive on so many waves, and i came close to dying, but never did. With a katana you can make short work of Fleshpounders with cheese and level up quickly. It's also pretty fun and not a grind.

Again, Beginner Poundamonium, as Firebug on Waterworks. There is a spot you can jump onto that you cannot take any damage from Fleshpounds. There is a fenced ledge overlooking a shelf next to stairs opposite a trader, near the upper floor of the pump room with the 3 stairs; two going up and one going down. Get to these stairs, face the pumps next to them then go forward. There on the left is a rail. Jump on it, then onto the shelf.

Enjoy easy levelling of Firebug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Start a solo game on Westlondon on Long/Suicidal difficulty with the Clot-Buster mutator enabled. As obrekat' said, stand under the Half-Light Hotel sign in the alcove there and continuosly hold down the fire button with your knife for the first and second waves, you shouldn't have much trouble with them as they will pile up and get stuck in front of the doorway. On the third wave, buy a chainsaw. This will make the process go by a whole lot faster, it will also take out the few crawlers and stalkers that appear, even though you have the mutator enabled. Do this until about wave 7 at which time Fleshpounds will start spawning. You can try to kill them by switching to the Demolitions perk and planting a hella' lot of pipe bombs around the doorway, or you can just end the game and start over.

By wave 7, you will have earned around 70k experience in around 15-16 minutes. Using the Flespound tactic, you will have only earned around 60k in the same amount of time. So while the fleshpound tactic may be more entertaining, the tactic I have described is more effective.

Calculations are based upon the fact that one clot on suicidal gives 228 experience, and a fleshpound on beginner gives 750. In fifteen minutes, I was able to kill 310 clots, and only 82 fleshpounds. (The 82 not including the one's I killed as Demo on the first wave.) You also have to factor in that not all ZEDs killed were clots or fleshpounds, as the mutators do not fully produce only clots or only fleshpounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0