• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three new videos (German/Russian and mutliplayer).

Looks nice!

There is a scene or two where the player is hiding behind a wall and bullets begin to come through. Really makes you want to get the hell out of there! Also the debris as bullets hit near the top of the wall was nice.

I see a lot of 'little things' (ie. attention to detail) that are going to really make gameplay intense.

I've never finished SP on any MP capable game I own, but I might actually play the SP in RO2 just for the history lesson. If I understand the implementation correctly, I like the way TW is doing their SP.

There are a couple of things that 'concern' me. (I'll refrain from pitching a hissy fit until I've actually played the game.) The speed of the player and his actions seem a little quick and jerky to me. And I am not a big fan of the speed of weapon switching or the animations of the switch. I realize its a game for the masses, but weapon switch times have been a pet peeve of mine since my first FPS war game.

Can't wait to get my hands on a copy to play!

Last edited:
Reactions: nebsif
Upvote 0
Ultimate hero weapon :D
Night Vision scope to your mosin :D :D

nyttkuva20110709kohtees.png

Oki , its just a bug. I mean it must be a bug right, RIGHT? :D

Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
Just want to jump in here with a little bit of info.

1) Why were you dying so much?
- We had to play the game with no headphones on because they stuck the microphone in the headphones to get the sound (yeah too bad they didn't have a way to record the line out). It is surprisingly hard to play RO when you can't hear. Especially when someone starts shooting at you and you don't hear the gunshots or the bullet impacts.
- Giving an interview while playing a game is hard :)
- The damage is realistic
- It's not traditional SP where you have massive recharging health and it is all about a single soldier. You play as a squad, and when you die you take over a squad member. In other words, dieing once isn't the end of the mission for you. So expect to die a lot - it is war and it happens. But as long as the squad survives the battle continues.

2) I heard English?
- We had this debate internally. What is more realistic, understanding what the soldiers from your nation are saying, or not understanding what the guy on your side standing right next to you is saying? Well for us the answer was simple - it is way MORE realistic to understand what your comrades are saying. So you always hear your team speaking accented English (or another language if the game is localized into your native language) and the enemy speaks German or Russian. There will not be an option to turn this off, as we discovered it will take up too much memory to do this (there is a LOT of dynamic battle chatter, even in MP).

3) I saw a guy take lots of hits and not die
- The damage is realistic. The guy shooting either missed, hit him in a non-vital area, or the guy getting shot was slow dying and hadn't went down yet.

4) I saw X glitch
- Welcome to seeing alpha gameplay :)

5) Why isn't it an HD capture
- Because apparently journalists only come to events like this with equipment for doing HD capture on consoles. For some reason doing HD capture from a PC is some strange voodoo which they do not understand :)

6) Why isn't there a story in SP?
- There is a story, it is the story of the battle and the armies involved. It is not a story about a lone avatar that single handedly destroys the enemy hordes and wins the war himself. It is also not super scripted, but rather dynamic and non-linear. It is NOT just UT3 style botmatch with cutscenes. It does share levels and a lot of functionality with MP.

Upvote 0
2) I heard English?
- We had this debate internally. What is more realistic, understanding what the soldiers from your nation are saying, or not understanding what the guy on your side standing right next to you is saying? Well for us the answer was simple - it is way MORE realistic to understand what your comrades are saying. So you always hear your team speaking accented English (or another language if the game is localized into your native language) and the enemy speaks German or Russian. There will not be an option to turn this off, as we discovered it will take up too much memory to do this (there is a LOT of dynamic battle chatter, even in MP).
Can't we just replace the audio I hear from my team (English) with the one the enemy hears from my team (Russian/German)?

Upvote 0
First, thanks for those (overall) good news.

There will not be an option to turn this off, as we discovered it will take up too much memory to do this (there is a LOT of dynamic battle chatter, even in MP).
Why does it take too much memory ?
If you switch STEAM to German or Russian (not sure if russian is possible) can you still hear native voice on your team ?
Your decision seems to be well thought but I'm still afraid by it ! I'm sick of the systemic voice dubbing as seen in France !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2) I heard English?

You have got to be kidding me right?... I can't even begin to explain how that is a bad idea. First off, authenticity - yeah it loses a lot of that. The feeling of being Russian or German is thrown out the window. Nice. Secondly the voice that I heard sucked for that matter. And for that matter when you give out a command it should come up in the chat box as English (LIKE Ostfront?!?!?! - wow. Amazing how the majority of what was done in that game is for the better). Not to mention few people REALLY use the voice commands to be constructive, other wise they usually type it or use a mic, so you might have gone with the truly realistic route for that matter anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...You have got to be kidding me right?...

Seriously, In games there's nothing worse than having someone yell something at you in Russian or German and you go "What?"

It's realistic that a German solider would be able to understand German.

It's not realistic that a German solider wouldn't be able to understand German.

Therefore it's more realistic for you, as a German solider, to be able to understand the tongue that your comrades are talking in - than not.

Upvote 0
Seriously, In games there's nothing worse than having someone yell something at you in Russian or German and you go "What?"

It's realistic that a German solider would be able to understand German.

It's not realistic that a German solider wouldn't be able to understand German.

Therefore it's more realistic for you, as a German solider, to be able to understand the tongue that your comrades are talking in - than not.
Well, for people that can understand both Russian and German it doesn't make much difference. Although I don't speak Russian and German that well, I can understand a lot military chatter for listening to it in games such as ROOST and I think most people that play ROOST a lot can understand as well.

Upvote 0
Cheeers for info Ramm

If there weren't gliches it wouldn't be a alpha/beta :) it would be gold.

And unless i'm wrong the idea of beta's is to find gliches so we dont get them in the final version (explaination for the one's who moan about gliches )

Looks good hope the bugs stay smallish and we stay on target for release as i'm looking forwards to it

Booked that week off work :) so got unlimited time to really get to grips with it when it comes out

Upvote 0