• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three new videos (German/Russian and mutliplayer).

Looks really great i can see great games and i'm getting it on release day but i feel i have to list my concerns from the videos

Seems to be a hit registery problem, noticed serveral times a bolt action fired adirect hit on someone with no effect (even paused to check where he was aimming)

In the mutliplayer he shot a guy about 10/12 times in the back with the mp40, short to medium range on target before he died + serveral times in the soviet first gameplay video, where normally most would drop 1-3 bullets some would take 7+?

Cover system is great, but seems bolt actions stick over the top when your behind cover thus no hiding like smgs?

Also automatic voices in the MP video, unless someone called the voices themselfs, i am not a fan of avatars calling out somthing unless i tell them to. Causes problems of being alone, then your avatar shouts somthing out giving ur postion away etc

Keep in mind that i still think this game is awesome and i know the devs work hard and this isnt a dig and please if im wrong correct me (not flame).

This going best game this year (YES including bf3)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First of, I really liked the videos, finally something new to feed us :D

Things i liked: The weapon animations and the behaviour, the blood splatters on the wall when you hit someone in front of it, and the marks on the body.

What I didn't like so much, was the fact that sometimes the ragdolls seem to have an awkward balance point, most of the time it seemed like their as* was the heaviest point in their body. That resulted in some stupid ragdoll movements, like stopping in the middle of a run, losing all the momentum, falling on knees and then bending backwards. Looked completely unrealistic and cheesy. I mean it looked like they lost their spines...
On the other hand there were some nice ragdoll animations, with people taking up some of the bullets power and falling apropriately.

I just hope you can fix the unrealistic ragdoll behaviour, or make it appear less often.

Upvote 0
It looked really good, but did anybody notice that he shot a few people in non-fatal places and they didn't even react, maybe I'm wrong though, am I the only one who thought that?

Also noticed that. And at some points in two vids(to lazy to get the times by now), it seemed that enemys could take very much shooting before going down. Once with an mp and once even with a bolted rifle, where he shot his enemy direct in the torso and nothing happened, not even a slowing-down-effect. Badly reminded me of BF.

Reactions: jalex3
Upvote 0
While I have no doubts that the game will be super-awesome in MP, I'm rather disappointed with the SP videos.

Basically it looks like this is nothing but a UT3-like pseudo-singleplayer(aka matches against bots with some intro now and then). Why would I play SP if there are no soldiers to identify with, no red line carrying through it and basically just MP with bots? I'm not asking for a hollywood cod campaign or something, but this doesn't exactly look worth playing as you might just as well start playing MP right away.

The even bigger issue I noticed however are the animations and the AI. The AI still seems to run around in the open whenever they like and sometimes seem to simply ignore you(or do a 180

Upvote 0
Gotta say it looks really good, loved seeing the picture on the wall falling due to gunfire :D

Just about everything looks good so I will only comment of a couple of concerns that I noticed.

- Very minor, but the HUD seems way in your face. I say very minor because I know you can play the different modes or customize how much HUD a player has in order to minimize it.

- Watching the single player, the AI seems to be doing its job, but at the same time they always seem to be on the move when you think that they would either be staying behind cover (defense) or advancing from cover to cover. Its as if the AI soldiers have an anti-camping chip implanted in them lol. I guess that is a wait and see thing from such limited footage.

All in all, great job!

Upvote 0
Seems to be a hit registery problem, noticed serveral times a bolt action fired adirect hit on someone with no effect (even paused to check where he was aimming)

In the mutliplayer he shot a guy about 10/12 times in the back with the mp40, short to medium range on target before he died + serveral times in the soviet first gameplay video, where normally most would drop 1-3 bullets some would take 7+?

Re-watching the video, this is what looks like what happened in that particular instance:

Russian runs out, firing from hip (then the newcomer chooses to reload, :rolleyes: :D)
German misses right
German aims left, hits left arm once
German aims right, misses
German aims left, hits left arm again
German misses right when Russian swerves left
Russian swerves right again, German aims carefully and hits him in back with a burst.
German finishes him off with a last burst.

At the very most, maybe six shots hit, with at least four in non-lethal areas.

Upvote 0
I am truly impressed by a lot of features now implemented.
So consider my loving words as taking 99% of the post, bnecause that is the space it will take when I list them all:D
Also the graphics (especially the lighting) is absolutely stunning
- In the third video with the ppsh when he fires, the proper side of a bullet impact is properly lighted. very nice attention to detail!
I am sceptical about the amount of randomly flying A4 paper, but I will leave it for now.

The only thing I am seriouslyworried about (because it will be in mp if not fixed) would be the unfair misses.
i see clear hits miss or they hit but have no big effect
In RO1 I noticed it sometimes when firing a bolt point blank range three times and 'miss' for no apparent reason. Enemy would be sitting very still and I deliberately aim for the chest to prevent a miss. Normally I hand it off as accuracy or other factors, but sometimes I feel like the game is cheating on me.

I always reassure myself with the fact that it will probably be fixed in ROHOS. Although it will probably be fixed, I just wanted some more attention on it, maiunly because it could be a major frustrating factor in mp.

Loving all the sounds of the guns and such. Really amazing job!!!
Thing I am sceptical about is the amount of screaming. Most of the time I think you will be screaming after a few seconds when laying on the ground in agony, however in RO1 as well as ROHOS everybody yells at the impact. There is a thing called adrenalin(epinephrin)/endorphin, I think it needs some serious delay.

Upvote 0