• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Three big Maneater questions

Sixishungry

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2020
1. Is there a camera following the shark all around, just you can't see it? I'm wondering how the reality show guy is able to comment on your actions.

2. Is the reality show guy secretly on the shark's side? He makes jokes when the humans die, and he talks about pollution and cleaning up the water. Relating to question1, if there is a camera following our shark, then it must belong to him, and the people would probably be furious at him for not turning over the camera to the shark hunters so they can track and kill the shark. But if the reality show was an underground show, it would make sense. That's why I suspect the narrator may be pro-shark.

3. Can you elaborate on whether you view the shark as a monster or as a hero? Is there a message besides all the fun gameplay?

P.S. Bonus question I forgot I wanted to ask:
1. Do other sharks in the game attack humans too?
2. Our Shark seems to have a sentient personality. How smart is she?

Thanks!

1) There is a drone camera following the player shark around as part of the show. You will not be able to see it or interact with it.

2) He is on the side of the ratings

3) Our main characters have some complex motivations. It is up to you to decide where you lean.

Bonus round:
1) Other wildlife does not currently interact much with each other. This is something we hope we can improve on in the future. For launch we've focused on the player sharks interactions with the world.

2) You take own the persona of the player shark. Her motivations are your own.

Reactions: utek
Upvote 0
Thank you for the answers! I was a bit surprised by this one, though:

"2) You take own the persona of the player shark. Her motivations are your own."

I thought it was established canon that the shark's motivation was revenge upon the hunter who killed her mother and disfigured herself?

That event sets you forth on the journey. What you choose to do from there is up to you (but several story points will play out along the way).

Upvote 0
1) There is a drone camera following the player shark around as part of the show. You will not be able to see it or interact with it.

2) He is on the side of the ratings

3) Our main characters have some complex motivations. It is up to you to decide where you lean.

Bonus round:
1) Other wildlife does not currently interact much with each other. This is something we hope we can improve on in the future. For launch we've focused on the player sharks interactions with the world.

2) You take own the persona of the player shark. Her motivations are your own.
I'd love to see alligators attacking people and killing in eating them and other sharks eating fish in a future update..

Upvote 0