• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Thread of modeling and stuff.

Some render using LuxRender for blender (try saying that 3 times fast)

halconnenrender.png

Upvote 0
One of my friends said that my sword sucks so he re-made it. I dont know if this is good, but please comment:

wf.png

Should i do it like that?

lol well you can tell your friend his sword sucks too because he made the exact same thing with very minor differences. Those long thin triangles in the middle of the sword could potentially hurt performance.

It's your model, do it how you want, not how your friend wants. Your sword looks great, just needs a little optimization and smoothing.

Upvote 0
Yeah thanks guys, just as i thought - i didnt like the long thin triangles either :p

Z3RO, i took a look (lol) at your sword yesterday, and i saw that you did it with multiple objects which werent attached to each other... Can you animate the model when its in that state? Cause it really confused me.. I mean, is it not finished yet so they arent attached or?

Upvote 0
Everything doesn't have to be made out of one piece. You can use multiple objects, I recommend doing this, it will make your life so much easier. One of the first mistakes I made when modeling was trying to recreate something as solid mesh, this just over complicates things. Yes it can be animated.

All the separete objects made in the M1A.
mutiobject.png

Upvote 0
Sorry for double posting, but i got another question ^^
In the picture of wireframe of a gun of yours, i saw the multiple objects, and i wondered about connecting them to the surface on which they are. I mean, do you have to actually connect them? Or just place them? Because on the picture i will show there are no connections to it.. So i guess you dont have to connect them?
ikr I'm complicated :p

F8ZJG.jpg

Upvote 0
Break it open like a double barrel, Z3RO is it an electric tampon? or some sort of a hover board thingo..

backtothefuture_hoverboard_01.jpg

Also, in Z3RO's original post of the picture, he posted the words
3 more years..
in Back to the Future 2, which I linked a picture of, that hoverboard was in the year 2015, and it just so happens to be 2012, 3 years from then xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0